FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 8 November 2011

30 Days of Lipstick, Day 8: MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Up The Amp

It's a blustery Tuesday and I've returned to MAC on the lipstick front. Go figure! Today I chose MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Up The Amp ($17.50 CAD at MAC stores and counters). I received it recently via a makeup swap, and I was eager to give it a go!

Up The Amp is a unique pinky-violet shade that is unlike any other in my collection. Here is a picture of it in the tube:

MAC Up The Amp Amplified Creme Lipstick

And here is a picture of it swatched on my arm:

MAC Up The Amp swatched on my arm (MAC NC15 skin tone)

MAC describes Up The Amp as a "lavender violet", which is pretty accurate, and its Amplified Creme formula offers a creamy, pigment rich colour with subtle shine. Indeed, Up The Amp feels smooth and comfortable on the lips and creates a high colour, semi-glossy finish. The shade is not something I would typically go for (as purples tend to wash me out), but Up The Amp seems to suit me better than most lipsticks in the purple family.

Here are a few pictures of me wearing it:


Me wearing MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Up The Amp

Under artificial light

With flash

In sunlight

The Verdict

Pros:
  • Truly unique shade- bold, but still wearable
  • Highly pigmented- a little goes a long way!
  • Very creamy and moisturizing on the lips.
  • Fairly long-lasting formula
  • As with the other MAC lipsticks I've reviewed, this is a great quality for the price!
Cons:
  • This purple-toned shade is definitely not for everyone! It may be especially difficult to wear for those with very warm/golden skin tones

So far I am really loving my new lipstick acquisition! As with the lipstick I reviewed yesterday, Up The Amp may not be a colour for everyday wear, but it's the perfect choice if you're aiming for a bold, edgy look that isn't too over the top. Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)