The lipstick I chose for today is MAC's Cremesheen Lipstick in Crosswires. It comes in MAC's signature black bullet packaging. Simple, but sleek!
|MAC Cremesheen Lipstick|
MAC describes Crosswires as "clean pinky orange" and touts their Cremesheen line as offering creamy, highly pigmented, slightly shiny shades. Crosswires definitely lives up to this description; I see it as a vibrant pinky-coral with an opaque, creamy, colour-rich finish.
Here is a picture of it in the tube:
|MAC Cremesheen Lipsitck in Crosswires|
And a picture of it swatched on my inner arm:
|MAC Crosswires Lipstick swatched on my arm (NC15 skin tone)|
And here are a few pictures of me wearing it!
|Me wearing MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Crosswires|
|In natural sunlight|
- Highly pigmented colour- a little goes a long way!
- A very flattering coral colour for those with neutral-warm undertones- really brightens the face!
- Again, I find MAC lipsticks to be a great value. Good quality and won't damage your wallet as much as other high-end brands :)
- Slightly drying on the lips after re-applying a few times throughout the day
- Because there are orange tones to this shade, it may not be flattering for those with cooler skin with pink undertones
- I don't see this as a year-round shade... This creamy coral screams summer!
Overall, Crosswires is one of my all-time favourite MAC lipsticks, and I wore it frequently over the summer. I may not grab for it as much during the winter, though, as I think it looks best with a slight tan and other bronzey makeup products. But, despite its only seasonal appeal, I strongly recommend this lipstick for anyone in search of a bold-coloured coral :)