Here is a picture of the lipstick packaging (Rose Culte is on the right- you can tell by the colour-coordinated stripe on the tube!):
|Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipsticks (L: Tender Peach and R: Rose Culte)|
And here are a couple pictures of it in the tube (on the right), pictured with its makeup sibling YSL Rouge Volupte in Tender Peach (which I reviewed here http://vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/30-days-of-lipstick-day-7-ysl-rouge.html ):
|YSL Rouge Voluptes in (L) Tender Peach and (R) Rose Culte|
|(L) Tender Peach and (R) Rose Culte close up|
Rose Culte is a deep and vibrant berry shade that works wonderfully with a more subdued eye. And it's a perfect rich colour for fall! It offers great colour pigmentation, but feels quite light and comfortable on the lips. Sometimes you get what you pay for!
Here are a few pictures of me wearing it:
|Me wearing YSL Rouge Volupte in Rose Culte|
- Gorgeous berry shade that I think would suit all skin tones (with either warm or cool undertones)
- Great colour payoff (a little goes a long way), but does not feel sticky or heavy on the lips
- Perfect rich shade for fall!
- Beautiful, luxurious packaging!
- This may be too bold for those who prefer more subtle shades
- This is quite pricey (nearly $40 CAD), so it would definitely be a splurge!
Although I don't reach for Rose Culte on a super frequent basis, this is only because the colour is quite deep and bold (which does not look best when I am wearing darker shades on my eyes) and has nothing to do with the quality of the product. This lipstick is top-notch in terms of quality of pigmentation and shade, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a new luxe lipstick for fall!