Today's lipstick of choice was Christian Dior's Rouge Dior Lipstick in #444 Red Muse ($36 CAD, at Sears, the Bay, Sephora, Holt Renfrew, and select Shoppers Drug Mart locations). This lipstick is definitely on the pricier side, but I was lucky enough to get it for free last weekend at Shoppers (thanks, Optimum points!). Rouge Dior lipsticks feature chic, elegant packaging, with Dior's signature navy quilted design:
|Christian Dior Rouge Dior Lipstick|
As for the formula, Dior describes their Rouge Dior line as offering "ultra-nourishing, long-wearing formula, in a haute-couture colour". This range of lipsticks is meant to stand out from other long-wearing formulas, as it claims to moisturize while it stays put.
The shade that I chose was #444 Red Muse, which is a very unique pink-toned red with a satin (not too matte, not to shiny) finish. Here are a couple views of it in the tube:
|Rouge Dior in #444 Red Muse|
And here is a swatch of it on my arm:
|#444 Red Muse swatched on my inner arm (which is about a MAC NC15 colouring)|
And here are some pictures of me wearing the lipstick. I think it suits my skin tone quite well! It's definitely bold and bright, but manages to also look polished and sophisticated:
|Me wearing Rouge Dior #444 Red Muse|
- The formula lives up to its claim of long-wear. My lipstick stayed in place even after drinking a coffee!
- The lipstick feels quite moisturizing upon initial application
- The colour is rich and pigmented, so it packs a nice punch and a little goes a long way!
- Red Muse is a truly unique shade, in my humble opinion ;)
- The luxe packaging makes this truly a high-end treat!
- Very pricey- even though the formula is great, this is definitely a splurge
- My lips felt somewhat dry as the day progressed, which leads me to believe that the moisture-rich effects of the formula are not as long-lasting as the colour.
Overall I am very happy with this lipstick so far! The shade (not quite red, not quite fuchsia) is like no other in my stash, and the comfortable long-wear formula is a pleasure. Red Muse is just one of over 30 shades in the Rouge Dior line- so there will certainly be a hue for everyone if you're willing to take the price plunge!
Thanks for reading :)