FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 22 November 2011

30 Days of Lipstick, Day 13: Anna Sui Lip Rouge V #361

The lipstick I chose for Day 13 is one that I have discussed on the blog before (find it here: http://vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/my-newest-makeup-crush-anna-sui.html), Anna Sui Lip Rouge V #361. I acquired it recently as part of an amazing gift-with-purchase, and have worn it on several occasions since.

Lip Rouge Vs come in adorable gothic (two adjectives not normally combined!) retro packaging, with a base that matches the lipstick shade inside:




#361 is a bright, feminine cherry popsicle pink with a finish that is somewhere in between sheer and full coverage. Plus, it has a lovely rose scent! Here is what it looks like in the tube:


Anna Sui Lip Rouge V #361


And here are a few pictures of me wearing it:



In sunlight



The Verdict:

Pros:
  • Provides a to-die-for berry tint on the lips!
  • Irresistible packaging!
  • Does not leave lips dry, even in colder weather
  • Feminine rose scent
Cons:
  • Fairly expensive (more than $20 CAD)
  • Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that this lipstick is responsible for a few breakouts I've had around my mouth- such a shame because I'd been loving everything else about it!

Overall, from the packaging to the formula to the shade, this lipstick has been a pleasure to wear! If it weren't for its breakout potential, this would definitely be a regular in my rotation. If you love perky shades with a quirky flare, check out Anna Sui Lip Rouge Vs!

2 comments:

  1. Great work as always Jen! I don't know too much about lipstick, but I'm keen on the different, detailed packaging/case this one comes in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mike! Yeah, I'm keen on this packaging too :) Totally unique and beautiful to look at!

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)