Here are a couple of pictures of it in the tube:
|MAC Lipstick in Rebel: A pretty good colour representation, but a bit blurry...|
|A clearer picture of MAC Rebel lipstick, though the shade is not as brown as it appears here|
And a swatch of it on my arm:
|MAC Satin Lipstick in Rebel, swatched on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone)|
MAC describes Rebel as "vivid pinkish purple", but I find it to be more nuanced than that. As I mentioned earlier, it seems to have elements of red, pink, violet, berry, and purple all at once! Although this shade is definitely deep, its pinky-violet undertones keep it bright enough to not wash out my skin or make me look corpse-like (as some purple and deep-wine lipsticks tend to do). And its Satin finish provides a to-die-for semi-matte, highly pigmented finish. I find it to be a perfect rich shade of lipstick for fall!
Here are a few pictures of me wearing it:
|Me wearing MAC Satin Lipstick in Rebel|
- Highly pigmented colour- you only need one swipe for colour-drenched lips!
- I can see this as being flattering on both warm- and cool-toned skin
- The finish is not too matte, so is not drying on the lips
- MAC's price point can't be beat for the quality!
- A perfect shade for fall/winter :)
- This shade could definitely scare off those who prefer more subtle lips (though I urge you to try this- you may surprise yourself!)
- Because this colour is so bold, you may have to pair it with a lip liner to keep the edges looking clean. I used MAC Lipliner in Whirl.
Overall, I am very happy with my newly acquired lipstick! It is unlike any other berry/purple-toned lipstick in my collection, and I can see myself reaching for it often during the coming fall and winter months.
Thanks for reading!