Because I reviewed a fairly vibrant shade yesterday, I thought I'd opt for a more natural hue for Day 2. I chose MAC Lustre Lipstick in Viva Glam V ($17.50 CAD at MAC stores and counters). As part of MAC's Viva Glam collection, 100% of the proceeds of this item went to the MAC AIDS Fund, an admirable cause! Purchasing Viva Glam products is truly a fun and glamorous way to give back :)
Like all of MAC lipsticks, Vivia Glam V comes in MAC's signature black bullet tube, but features red detailing on the package (mirroring the red ribbon campaign used to signal support for AIDS research):
|MAC Viva Glam Lipstick Packaging|
The shade itself is a not-quite nude brown-toned pink with gold shimmer. MAC describes it as "neutral pink with pearl", which is a fairly apt representation. Being a lustre formula, it offers a sheer, slightly shiny finish. I actually used up an entire tube of it several years ago (it used to be one of my staples!), and am working on my second tube currently. I hadn't worn this in months, so it was a treat to feature it today!
Here's a picture of it in the tube:
|MAC Lustre Lipstick in Viva Glam V|
And a picture of it swatched on my inner arm:
|MAC Viva Glam V Lipstick swatched on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone)|
And here are a few pictures of me wearing it:
|Me wearing MAC Lustre Lipstick in Viva Glam V|
|In natural sunlight|
- Viva Glam V offers a light, neutral shade that doesn't wash out my NC15-20 skin
- Versatile shade that can be worn year-round and with many makeup looks!
- Comfortable finish that does not dry out lips
- Lovely vanilla scent!
- Relatively affordable as high-end lipsticks go
- 100% of the proceeds go to charity, so you can buy with a clean conscience :)
- Because of the brown undertones, this could look a little muddy on those with very fair or very cool (pink) toned skin
- It is a very neutral, understated shade, so it's not a lipstick to choose if you want your lips to stand out!
Overall, wearing this lipstick today has completely rekindled my love for the shade! It will definitely be my go-to neutral lipstick for fall and winter. Glad to have re-discovered it :)