FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Saturday 26 July 2014

Two New Unusual Summer Shadows!

Hi, everyone! Not only has summertime reignited my passion for bold colours, it has also piqued my curiosity about new and interesting makeup formulas. Today's post is all about two new eye shadows that aren't your run of the mill in terms of shade, texture, and packaging!



The two shadows I'm bringing you today are the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Eye Shadow in Bora Bora Bronze and Make Up For Ever's Aqua Matic in Iridescent Lime Green I-30. I find both to be super unique, ultra gorgeous, and quite perfect for summer!

If you've been reading the blog lately, you'll know that I fell head over heels for the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Eye Shadow in Playa del Pink. Given how well it impressed me, it was inevitable that I'd snag another shade from the range. Housed in a small glass bottle with a doe-foot applicator lid, Bora Bora Bronze is a hydrating fluid shadow that looks much like liquid metal. It's a gorgeous warm shimmery bronze with a slight hint of purple. The colour caught my eye immediately (I love my shimmery neutrals!) and I can imagine this instantly becoming a summer staple.

Make Up For Ever is one of the first-ever high-end brands that caught my attention. I had been seriously ignoring them of late- shame on me! It was one of their newest offerings, the Aqua Matic shadow pencils that called me back. I'd heard countless raves about the pigmentation and ultra long wear of these eye colours, and it was Iridescent Lime Green that spoke to me particularly. It's an intense, essentially neon lime yellow with a subtle reflective sheen. A practical colour? Heck no! Tons of fun? Absolutely!



Here are some swatches of the shadows:

Make Up For Ever Aquamatic in Iridescent Lime Green I-30

Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Eye Shadow in Bora Bora Bronze

As you can see, both of these shadows are beautifully pigmented and absolutely lovely! Both embody the warm summer months impeccably and offer formulas that aim to withstand the heat an humidity that come with the territory. I'm so eager to give them both a go- look out for some makeup looks featuring them soon!

Have you tried the Josie Maran Coconut Watercolour Eye Shadows or Make Up For Ever Aqua Matics? What makeup products are your summer staples at the moment?

Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful weekend! xo

23 comments:

  1. Both of those colors are gorgeous! I wish I was more daring when it came to vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colors are amazing, though, I don't think that I could use the green, its too much for me

    xx
    http://loadsof-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are killing me here. Those coconut shadows will probably be coming home with me tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you've picked some up and are loving them :)

      Delete
  4. That MUFE pencil... I need it. I wish it was easier to come by in the UK! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG another coconut water shadow GAHHHHH WANT WANT WANT WANT

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look like fun! I don't think I can rock that lime green, but I'm definitely curious about the Josie Maran one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want the Josie MAran one! Happy Monday from the Philippines! :D



    I AM ALSO ON: Instagram @kennydaily, Bloglovin and Facebook



    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Style and Decor Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooooh my goodness these are both calling my name!! I don't think I'll be able to resist the coconut water shadows much longer!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunny ! I wanna try it! Love <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. oohh I didn't know josie maran made eye shadows! so cool that its liquid, the color is so vibrant and nice! I've only gotten the argan oil hair samples from josie maran from ipsy! i'll def have to try it!
    and i love make up forever! I have one of their water proof pencils and it works wonders! lime green is fun when you can make it practical! thanks for sharing! x
    - Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still loving both of them- the textures are great :)

      Delete
  11. I love the JM bronze!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. the watercolour eyeshadow looks amazing!! the colour is very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those watercolour shadows look so interesting. How are they in term of blending?
    Great post!
    Meghan
    Today's Beauty Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They actually blend quite nicely, but once they set, they don't budge! Thanks, Meghan :)

      Delete
  14. how cool!
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bora Bora bronze looks so pretty, I'm a sucker for a bronze!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's so fun to play with :) Thanks for stopping by, Nancy! xo

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)