FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Sunday 20 July 2014

Tropical Eyes with the ARTDECO Miami Collection!

Hi, everyone! In the spirit of my recent enthusiasm for cheery summer colour, I bring to you my newest beauty editions- three tropically-hued goodies from ARTDECO*! The ARTDECO Miami Collection is all about saturated, playful, beachy shades of long-wearing colour that stand up to the summer heat. The brand was kind enough to send me a few highlights from the collection (thank you!) and yesterday I got to have a proper play with them!



The three products sent my way were all about eyes. I received two Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeshadow Sticks* (which I'd heard raves about from the Canadian Beauty Blogger gals) and an All in One Liquid Liner*. All of them are sleekly packaged with reflective black finishes, silver touches, and metallic, colourful highlights.


The Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeshadow Sticks* come in my much-loved chubby pencil format with metallic caps that match the shade inside and a handy twist-up bottom. The shades I received were American Girl (an icy, pale pink with silvery shimmer) and Tropical Monsoon (a complex seafoam green with gold shimmer). They both have lovely creamy textures that blend effortlessly and stay put. It is possible to overdo it by applying too much (which I might have done, oops!), but with a sheer layer these offer great pigmentation and a smooth finish.



The All in One Liquid Liner* comes in a thin black tube and features a firm, but semi-flexible felt-tipped applicator. We all know felt-tipped liquid liners are my favourite and I must say that this one was an absolute breeze to use! It created an effortless cat-eye shape and, once applied, this really stayed put! Even more so than the shadow sticks, this needed some extra determination to remove! The shade I received was Sea Port, a warm, shimmery navy.



Here are swatches of the three products on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone):

(L-R): ARTDECO All in One Liquid Liner in Sea Port and Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeshadow Sticks in Tropical Monsoon and American Girl

And here's an eye look I created with these lovely, summery goodies. I applied American Girl all over the lid and on my brow bones and inner corners of the eye as a highlight. I then used Tropical Monsoon on the outer corners of the eye, a touch above the crease, and on the outer half of the lower lash line. I finished things off with a swish of Sea Port to create a winged liner effect. I also added a touch of neutral brown shadow in the crease for extra definition.



And in the context of a completed makeup look:




Overall, I am really happy with all three of these summery offerings. I don't get to play with pastels nearly often enough, so both of the eye shadow sticks are a great excuse! I'm especially smitten with the nautical, multifaceted finish of Tropical Monsoon-so ultra pretty! And the All in One Liquid Liner really is tops in my books. Not only is Sea Port a gorgeous, wearable blue, the applicator made creating a cat-eye rather effortless and the formula didn't even think of budging all day. Colour me impressed!

Thanks again to ARTDECO for sending these Miami Collection goodies my way. It's definitely helped me to channel my summery feelings and left me curious to try more from the brand!

Have you tried anything from ARTDECO? What are your favourite summery hues at the moment? Thanks for reading!


*These products were sent to me by ARTDECO for the purpose of review. All opinions are authentically my own.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my, these look amazing on you! I tried a few items from this collection and was also incredibly impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! They look so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done such a gorgeous look with these Jen! xx



    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these colors so much. Very pretty job on your eyes.

    http://AshleyTamarra.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is gorgeous. Love what you've done with them Jen.

    Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow those swatches are gorgeous! Nothing beats a splash of color liner in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really love your eye makeup! the colors look divine! I definitely have to try these out! i love the 3 shades !
    - Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I'll take badass any day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I tried to make it 80s, but in a good way! Always happy to hear I've inspired you, Marlen! xo

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)