FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 3 July 2014

Air Travel-Friendly Hair with Lush!

Hi, everyone! During my recent trip to Montreal (so much fun! more on that later!), I found myself totally shampoo-less. Due to an amazing flight sale, we ended up flying in for the weekend, which means limited liquids in my luggage. I had so much skin care to bring, that my hair products were sorely neglected. With the humidity in full force, there was no way that I could go without freshening my hair, yet I could not afford to add any liquid products to my suitcase for the trip home. The solution? Lush!

One of Lush's greatest qualities is their dedication to environmental objectives, and their solid, package-less products are one amazing example of this commitment. After stopping into the St. Denis Lush shop over the weekend, I realized that it was the perfect opportunity to get my hair squeaky clean while doing something good for the planet and not ticking off the security agents at the airport. Triple score! 

Here's what I picked up:


Seanick Shampoo Bar
I used this solid shampoo ages ago and remember being quite smitten with it, so I was quite eager to snag one! This little blue puck offers softness, thanks to Irish moss and Japanese nori seaweeds, volume, thanks to sea salt, and shine, thanks to lemon juice. It also has such a lovely fresh scent of lemon, mimosa, and jasmine. Ultra feminine and perfectly summery! This lathers nicely without stripping the hair and leaves my locks feeling smooth and shiny. It can also be used as a body soap in a pinch, which makes it an amazing multi-tasker. An all-around winner!

No Drought Dry Shampoo
As dry shampoos go, I've been pretty loyal to Batiste for some time, but as my bottle was running low (and as the Montreal weather was dreadfully muggy), I thought that picking up a little container of No Drought would be a solid choice (and notice the French packaging- so fun!). Also, I'd heard nothing but good things about it, so was happy to try it! This powdery concoction absorbs oil thanks to corn oil and talc and has the freshest citrus scent thanks to lemon, grapefruit, and lime. It's actually quite effective, though mildly messy, and leaves my tresses smelling amazing!

Jungle Solid Conditioner
This solid conditioner has been in the Lush lineup for ages and it has always left me curious, but cautious. I've always regarded it as interesting, but was a bit skeptical that it could actually do the job. My carry-on conundrum led me to purchase this, however, and I'm so glad I did! The scent is lush and sexy, courtesy of ylang ylang, vetiver, and sandalwood, and the base is richly hydrating thanks to tons of cocoa butter. This little bar is also packed with tropical fruits, like kumquats, banana, avocado, fig, and kiwi. How fun! The application will take a bit of getting used to, but I must say that this really did a wonderful job at hydrating my hair without any heavy residue. It can also be used as a shave cream, which will be perfect for this lazy gal!


So there you go! Three goodies from Lush that are travel-friendly, ideal for summer, and perfectly fresh. It was a fortuitous occurrence that I wandered into Lush on that steamy day, as I'm super pleased with all of the products I picked up. I have a feeling that they'll be keeping my tresses in tip-top shape all summer long! :)

Have you tried any of Lush's solid shampoos or conditioners? What are your favourite Lush hair products?

Thanks for reading! xo

22 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing.

    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive tried their solid shampoos and they're great for travelling! i've used seanik before and the red one. not wowed but a good product none the less.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dry shampoo does indeed smell lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love montreal! Its such a beautiful city! I haven't tried any of Lush solid shampoos or conditioners, but after hearing from you...I definitely need to try the product!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Montreal! Seanick and No Drought are faves for sure :)

      Delete
  5. these look really nice! i need to try more lush products :)

    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that dry shampoo does sound like a total must-have xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always found the idea of solid shampoo/conditioner interesting, but I've never tried any! So how do you use that dry shampoo? Do you have to put some on your palms before rubbing it onto your hair? I've really only used dry shampoos from pressurized cans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tinkered with a few different methods- it can be messier than spray can options, but if I rub a bit between my palms then scrunch it in my roots, it works quite well :)

      Delete
  8. Solid shampoo - what a great idea for travelling. Why didn't I think of that before??
    Great post!
    Meghan
    Today's Beauty Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  9. I should totally use more Lush products! Haven't tried their shampoos or conditioners, but they sure sound nice! :) Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everytime I read a lush post I realize how many amazing products from Lush I still have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to buy their solid conditioners but they've been out of stock for ages =(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Solid shampoo and conditioner for travel! So brilliant! I need to try more Lush stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Lush. Their products just make me so happy! xx


    www.searchingforlbd.com

    www.searchingforlbd.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Lush!
    I love your blog and I have started following you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo.

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have been meaning on buying a new dry shampoo! I got one in my tipsy glam bag a long time ago and I loved using it for days when I was running late and didn't have time to wash my hair! I will check these products out! x
    - Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've just started to use Seanik, and have been loving it! Am now fully converted to solid shampoo bars. Will need to try these other two out.

    Vanessa The Other VW xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lush has some awesome solid shampoos and they really are perfect for travel. I have a solid serum bar too and it's just one less liquid that I have to worry about packing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I've been wanting to try their serum- must check it out :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)