FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 24 July 2014

Look of the Day: Tropical Monsoon

Hi, everyone! It seems like all I've been posting lately is makeup looks- sorry if y'all are tired of my face! It's just that I've accrued some beautiful products over the past several weeks and have been so eager to show them off. Consistent with my warm-weather driven obsession with vivid colours, today's look is all about marine-inspired hues of gold, green, and blue. The look was essentially born out of my desire to play with my new ARTDECO Miami Collection goodies, as I'd been so impressed with my first go with them. From there, I dabbled with my Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con The Siren palette and the rest was history!


Given that the eyes  in this look are fairly bold, I opted for fresh, but neutral lips and cheeks. For blush, I layered NARS Deep Throat (my favourite shimmery pinky peach) over Laura Mercier Oleander (a cool pink cream blush) for a healthy glow. I also warmed up my complexion with the lovely Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Fair Matte which, without fail, warms up the complexion without ever looking orange or artificial. On the lips, I layered my longstanding favourite nearly-nude shade, YSL Glossy Stain in Beige Anarchist


I started the eye look with an even layer of ARTDECO Waterproof Long-Lasting Eye Shadow Stick in Tropical Monsoon, a gorgeous seafoam green. I then grabbed my Marc Jacobs the Siren palette, sweeping the minty green shade all over the lid and applying the deep teal shade on the crease and outer corner for definition. I popped some of the golden yellow shade from the palette in the center of the lid, just above the crease, and on the inner corners of the eye to boost brightness, and finished things off with a touch of the shimmery white shade on the brow bone. For liner, I opted for the stunningly beautiful and easy-to-use ARTDECO All in One Liquid Liner in Sea Port, winging it out slightly. Then a couple coats of BeneFit They're Real! and the look was done!

Here's a closeup of the finished eye makeup:


One more smoldering look from me, then a full list of everything that went into the look! ;)


The Breakdown:

Primer: Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer 
Foundation: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation in Ivory
Concealer: Estee Lauder Double Wear Concealer Stay-in-Place High Cover Concealer in W1
Powder: Revlon ColourStay Pressed Powder in Light (on t-zone) and Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Light (all over)

Bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Fair Matte
Blush: Laura Mercier Creme Cheek Colour in Oleander in topped with NARS Deep Throat

Highlighter: BeneFit Watt's Up (on cheekbones and down bridge of nose)

Brows: Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Dark Blonde
Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original Formula
Eye Shadows: ARTDECO Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeshadow Stick in Tropical Monsoon (as a base, all over lid, blended up to crease and underneath lower lash line) and the white, gold, seafoam, and deep teal shades from the Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con The Siren palette

Eyeliner: ARTDECO All in One Liquid Liner in Sea Port
Mascara: BeneFit They're Real!

Lips: YSL Glossy Stain in Beige Anarchist



And a few more shots of the look:





Overall, I found this look to be a fun way to play with colour (blue, nonetheless!) while still keeping things quite fresh and wearable. I felt rather tropical and not the least bit clown-like, so I guess I did it right! ;) I continue to be thoroughly impressed with both the ARTDECO and Marc Jacobs goodies highlighted here and am sure they'll persist in being summer staples!

Do you ever reach for blue or green eye makeup? What makeup goodies make you feel summery and tropical?

Thanks for reading! xo

31 comments:

  1. Looks so lovely! The eye colour really suits you!
    Stop by sometime, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eyeshadow blend- looks really subtle could be great for day or night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a wonderful summer make up dear, you look great!
    happy day!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been loving the looks, even though I am a diehard neutral/natural girl. Enjoy shopping the stash :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy cow again. so awesome. id' love to try a more warm version of this look. not sure if i have the colors but will root around.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I always reach for green eye makeup ;) This looks stunning on you! For some reason I read the title as 'Tropical Mushroom' which made me giggle x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Tropical Mushroom would be a great title too :) Thanks so much, Mali! xo

      Delete
  7. I love how you placed the gold towards the center of the lid!! I haven't pulled out my Siren palette in a while here... need to do it now!!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad I inspired you to grab the Siren palette- I really love it :)

      Delete
  8. You definitely pull off vibrant colors like nobody's business! Another great look :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design,
    beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything
    is perfect!

    would you like to follow each other?
    will be happy to see you in my blog)

    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowo! you are so skill on that!!! I wish I can do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will never get tired of your look of the day posts! I find them inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks so cool!

    http://marinareyam.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this look!! I always look forward to seeing what looks you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm LOVING this one!!! How did you make blue so pretty and wearable? It's amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Sunny! I always have so much fun with blues during summertime :)

      Delete
  15. Gorgeous! You really should wear blue green more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did find myself wearing them more often in summertime :)

      Delete
  16. i've never really tried any crazy colors but it looks great on you!

    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg i love this look as well! you do a great job with the green - lime - teals! beautiful look! your lashes look stunning as well!! now i definitely have to go buy the marc jacobs palette! I have a light green/teal blue eye shadow duo I bought from Sephora that I use sometimes to create a neon look, but these shades you chose blend together so well!
    - Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you should so buy the Siren! I reach for it surprisingly often :) Thanks so much, Andrea! xo

      Delete
  18. I love this one , beautiful !

    esfashionup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, thanks so much, Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)