FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Saturday 12 July 2014

Nail of the Day: Blueberry Dream

Hi, everyone! It feels like it's been ages since I've done a Nail of the Day post- and it has! I'd been going through one of my typical lazy nail spells , but there's nothing better to snap me out of it than a few new amazingly beautiful polishes. Barry M. nail colours have been on my radar for ages, so I was thrilled to spot them during my recent visit to an FTB Beauty Pop-Up sale. I brought home two Barry  M. Gelly Nail Paints that day and am completely smitten with both!


Today I'm featuring the cheery, colourful Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Blueberry, a cool mid-tone periwinkle blue with purple undertones. It has a jelly-like, shiny finish that achieves full smoothness and opacity with two coats. I find it to be such a wearable, summery blue!

To spice things up with this manicure, I topped Blueberry with a fun, multifaceted top coat that I picked up in my recent Inglot Montreal haul. Inglot Dream Collection Nail Enamel #205 is a sheer, holographic top coat with a yellow/gold base and multicoloured glitter flakes. It's quite the stunner! I applied a couple sheer coats of #205 over top of blueberry to achieve the look featured in these pictures. I find it to be a true top coat in that, despite the flaky texture, it dries down to a completely smooth texture. No chunkiness or unevenness whatsoever!

Barry M. Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Blueberry
Inglot Dream Collection Nail Enamel #205

I find that these shades layer so nicely together, both in terms of texture and shade. The Inglot top coat mutes and warms Blueberry slightly, but still lets the vibrancy of the colour shine through. Plus, the wear time of these has been excellent! I've been wearing this manicure for three days now without a single chip!


Here are a few more shots of the manicure, under different types of lighting:





I must say my longstanding obsession with Barry M. was totally founded as I am so in love with this nail polish! And the Inglot top coat paired so perfectly with the Barry M., making for a manicure I have not stopped staring at! A perfect cheery, summery combo- and hopefully starting a non-lazy nail streak for weeks to come!

Have you tried any Barry M. or Inglot nail polishes? What are your favourite summery nail shades lately?

Thanks for stopping by! xo

17 comments:

  1. I love this one, all of the gelly polishes are amazing!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the one gelly barry m i have. i think its greenberry. and also, i've got a matte too in a burgundy color. really like them both!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blue. sooo gorgeous
    xxx
    http://loadsof-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous color Jen! I'm obsessed with it now!

    Des

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks soo pretty! Love blue colors for summer <3

    My Makeup Mémoire

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the combination ^_^

    Laila from Townhouse Palette ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love the blue. I grabbed 2 Barry Ms at that sale, one lilac and one minty green. I wish I had this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow just came across your blog and I must say I love it :) the design if amazing and It's a great read :)

    What amazing colours :)

    I have just uploaded a new post would mean a lot if you was to comment me what you think http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    keep up the fanatic work :)


    keep in touch

    jade

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. that color is amazing, such a pretty shade of blue :)

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun and summery! I really like the base color on you! Now come to think of it, I don't think I own a blue that is remotely comparable ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely unique! Became an instant favourite ;)

      Delete
  11. Lovely post dear!
    Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this mani, very summery & fun! :)
    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this colour!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win a cute Dahlia trench in my little giveaway! click here

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this color is stunning, love blue nail polish so much. *__*
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)