The palette is boxed in an ultra pretty cardboard package with a vibrant multi-coloured design on the front.
The palette itself is basic and no-frills: a slightly reflective black case that's as slim as possible give that it houses ten shades. It tends to fingerprint easily, but this isn't such a problem for me, especially given the price!
The back of the box gives a sneak preview of the shades inside the palette and- ta da!- beneath are the lovely blushes!
As you can see, the blushes come in circular pans that are about three-quarters the size of a MAC blush.
As for the shades included, here are my best descriptions (and shade comparisons):
1) a neutral dusty rose with plummy undertones (like a slightly lighter NARS Sin)
2) a warm yellow peach (similar to Illamasqua Lover)
3) a cool candy pink with silver shimmer (like NARS Angelika)
4) a warm, tawny coral (like a slightly deeper MAC Modern Mandarin)
5) a warm tan plum (like a deeper MAC Margin)
6) a neutral to cool baby pink (similar to NARS Desire)
7) a golden nude (similar to MAC Sunbasque)
8) a warm matte coral-tinged pink (close to NARS Amour)
9) an ultra-cool fuchsia (similar to MAC Full Fuchsia)
10) a warm bronzy brown (like a slightly more orange-toned NARS Laguna)
Here are swatches of the shades (same placement as in the palette) on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone):
|Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette under artificial light|
|Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette under natural sunlight|
And now onto the pros and cons!
- Perfect mix of warm and cool tones
- Extremely pigmented shades- a little goes a very long way!
- Incredibly soft- these blend like a dream!
- Long-wearing formula really stays put all day long (even in this steamy summer heat)
- None of the shades features over-the-top shimmer or glitter. No disco ball cheeks here!
- These shades should be flattering on most skin tones, with the exceptions of extremely fair or deep complexions
- Sleek, compact packaging
- At only $17 CAD, this is an amazing value!
- The texture of these aren't as elegant and finely-milled as more expensive blushes, so it's difficult to achieve a super-sheer application
- Plastic packaging perhaps not the most durable and gets dirty quite easily
- This palette would really benefit from a mirror!
So there you go- one of my best budget buys of all time! I think I've worn 7 or 8 of these blushes so far and I can confidently say that I've been thoroughly impressed which each and every one. They blend like a dream, are vibrant without looking clown-like, and have lasted on my cheeks even on the steamiest of days. At less than $2 a pop, the quality is truly top-notch! I'm so happy I picked this up and can't wait to try more from from the brand.
Have you tried anything from Coastal Scents? Would a palette like this melt your heart like it did mine? What are your favourite budget blushes?
Thanks for stopping by! xo