FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 1 July 2014

FTB Beauty Pop-Up Shop Haul!

Hello, everyone, and happy Canada Day! I regret that today's post isn't particularly patriotic, but it's a fun one nonetheless! Two weekends ago Jenn from A Beautiful Zen invited me to a pop-up shop in downtown Toronto. I didn't know any other details about it, but Sunday afternoon shopping? Count me in! When we arrived at the shop, my head almost exploded I was so happy to see that it was being held by FTB Beauty, a Canadian retailer that stocks an amazing selection of affordable and hard to find beauty bits (check out their website, here). 

I had been on a month-long makeup buying ban (cheers to small successes), but had to crumble and bring a few goodies home. With the brands that were featured, there was no way I could resist! Here's what I picked up:


The items I purchased were the Coastal Scents 10 Blush Palette, Barry M. Gelly Nail Paints in Blueberry and Green Berry, and the Sigma F82 Round Kabuki brush. They all look so lovely together, don't they?! :)


Coastal Scents is a brand I'd heard tell of for years, primarily raves for their eye shadow palettes that contain a bajillion, uber-pigmented colours for next to nothing price-wise. Those palettes had slightly piqued my interest, but when I saw their 10 Blush Palette at the pop-up, I was instantly smitten! Although I am by no means lacking in blushes, this palette spoke to me because it appeared to include every possible shade of blush that I could ever want. Nudes, corals, roses, candy pinks, mattes, shimmers, satins, warm tones, cool tones- literally everything! I could see myself wearing each and every shade in the palette, and at only $16.99 CAD, this felt like the steal of the century! I'll be posting a more thorough review of this down the line, but let me tell you- these blushes are incredible. Ultra pigmented, yet blendable, and they wear all day long. Not too shabby given that each costs less than $2!



As excited as I was for the amazing variety of brands at the pop up, it was the small cluster of Barry M. polishes that made me do a major double-take. I've heard nothing but raves for Barry M. in the blogosphere and their Gelly Nail Paints were holding rank as my #1 most-coveted UK beauty item. I had no idea they were available in Canada, so when I spotted them my beauty radar sounded big time! I think I've actually had dreams about spotting Barry M. on Canadian shelves, so it felt almost surreal to see them in person (get me to rehab, now!). FTB offered the full range of Gelly shades, and I opted for Blueberry (a punched up pastel sky blue) and Green Berry (a cheery minty seafoam). I love them both!




Just last week I raved about my first-ever Sigma brushes, so I was happy to see that FTB stocked the full range of this brand. There are no real gaps in my brush collection (surprise, surprise), but there was something about the Kabuki foundation brushes that caught my eye. I joked with the owner of FTB that it was my ultimate goal to have a foundation brush for every day of the month so that I'd only have to wash them every 30 days. I was half-joking ;) The brush I decided to take home was the F82 Round Kabuki, as it was incredibly soft and dense. Just what I look for in a foundation brush! 



Although it broke my makeup no-buy, I'm so glad that Jenn brought me along to the FTB pop-up. I got to interact with brands I'd never seen in-person and I'm absolutely loving everything that I picked up! I can definitely see myself stopping by FTB in the future whenever I want to indulge my inner beauty geek without spending a bundle :)

Have you tried anything from Coastal Scents, Barry M., or Sigma? What are your favourite online beauty shops?

Thanks for reading! :)

22 comments:

  1. Ooh I want to try that Kabuki brush! I've been using a flat top one so it'd be a nice change. Such a bargain that coastal scents palette!

    The Sunday Chapter
    Angela xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word I NEED THAT BLUSH PALETTE. I heard about the pop up store, but ultimately decided that there is no way I needed any more makeup...but still...THAT BLUSH PALETTE!! I for one, definitely need a foundation for every day of the month ;) (but no seriously, I am the worst at washing my face brushes....hello acne!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you do! The palette is amazing. And glad you can empathize with my foundation brush conundrum :)

      Delete
  3. I loooove coastal scents. I use their fluffy blending brush as an alternative to the sigma e40, and their eyeshadow pots are super pigmented. Im hoping that their revealed2 palette goes on sale, one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue nail polish has such a stunning color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Blush palette looks amazing! Especially for the price! I have those nail polishes too - definitely two of my favourite! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous that you got to pick up the Gelly polishes! I really want to try them but you can't get Barry M in Australia either. You picked up some great stuff though!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was stunned to see them there- had no idea they were available in Canada!

      Delete
  7. That blush palette looks fantastic! I've been eyeing that one and the BH Cosmetics one for awhile now! I definitely need to get my hands on Sigma brushes, I've heard so many great things about them!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  8. The blush palette is gorgeous!! And I want to try that f82 brush! I have the flat top f80 and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Green Berry shade is perfect <3!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. great haul, love the summer colors!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab purchases! I love the nail polish colors. they are so vibrant!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only heard great things about this company and I'm surprised that they held a pop up shop! I wished I was able to come - I would have loved to stock up on some new beauty stuff! Good for you for staying strong with your shopping ban!

    Stephanie @ theFantasia.com | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know, they have a new shop in the Beaches- you should check it out! :)

      Delete
  13. hahahah 'your head almost exploded' thats so true. i saw the resolve and brain melt down in front of me :P not that i was any better. i still haven't tested out that beijing palette but sooo prettty.
    i'm glad you found some awesome things AND thanks for being a shopping/gaming buddy.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  14. This pop up shop event sounds so cool! I really want some Barry M nail polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I went insane at that sale! I got a lot of Bdellium brushes (they were BOGO 40% off) and some Milani, NYX, Barry M. I was going to go back but didn't have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, nice! Their pop-up shop is in the Beaches now, I think!

      Delete
  16. The palette is totally worth it! I've been getting tons of use out of it :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)