FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Sunday 25 May 2014

Veracious Product Review: Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Raspberry/Opal

Hi, everyone! This time of year the cosmetics shelves are rife with new summer offerings and I have a beauty to present to you today! After seeing Temptalia's raves about the new Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffles, I knew I had to give them a peek. I swatched them in-store at Sephora last Sunday after the Essie Button meet-up and one of the shades captured my heart! 


The brand new Becca Beach Tint Summer Souffles are described as "a four-in-one air-whipped souffle formula that adds a flush of colour to the cheeks" (from sephora.com). The four proposed elements to this product are powder (to give pigmented colour), stain (for long wear), illuminator (to give a healthy glow), and cream (for a smooth, flawless finish). 

They are housed in square-shaped brown boxes with silver logos and text:


The box contains a detailed description of the product as well as a full ingredient listing! There are promises of water-resistance, and oil-free formula, and buildable coverage with a soft shine. It also touts skin-soothing and redness-reducing ingredients to hydrate and calm the cheeks:



They come in round-shaped jars with a reflective silver lid and a sheer bottom that includes the shade name and other info. The bottom of the jar lets you get a peek at the product itself. You can see that it has a swirly, marbled look!



And a look at the product itself! You can see that it has a lovely multi-coloured pattern and a slightly textured top:


The shade I chose was Raspberry/Opal, a cool raspberry pink with a glowy golden sheen. I opted for this one because my blush stash is generally lacking in cooler-toned hues and the golden glow was absolutely stunning!

Here are swatches of Raspberry/Opal on the inside of my arm (MAC NC15 skin tone). I did my best to mix the gold and berry tones as best I could. On the left is the product swatched heavily and, on the right, more blended out:


I have to say that the texture of this product is quite unique! It is moist to the touch (sorry to people who hate that word), yet is still fairly firm. It's not nearly as creamy as creme blushes from Stila or Bobbi Brown and is much more moist (again, sorry) than some of the newer creme-to-powder blushes out there (like Chanel's offerings). Wish I could describe this better, but I think it's something you actually have to touch to experience!

Here are some shots of Raspberry/Opal on my cheeks! I applied it fairly heavily, so you could get a good sense of the shade. It was quite sheer at first, but easily buildable:




And here's what the product looked like after using it for the first time. You can see that dipping my fingers in the pot squished things down a bit, but there is enough powder in the formula to prevent the swirl-type patterns you might find after using a typical creme blush:


And now for a full breakdown of my thoughts about this pretty new product:

Pros:

  • Sheer, buildable colour lets you customize how subtle or bold the tint will be
  • Unique texture that mixes the best of both powder and creme formulas
  • Gorgeous marbled design makes it a pleasure to look at!
  • Sturdy, sleek packaging
  • Gives a nice glow without the dreaded disco ball effect
  • Cool raspberry base with warmer gold sheen should make this appropriate for both warm and cool complexions
  • Would be flattering on both fair and darker skin tones
  • Free of parabens and sulfates
Cons:
  • This seemed to start fading after 4 hours or so. Not sure if it's the product itself or the base/skin care I was using underneath. More testing is needed!
  • At $33 CAD, this is pretty pricey for a blush

So there you have it! This product is truly unlike anything else in my stash and the texture is so unique that you have to feel it to believe it! I thought the cooler raspberry tone might be unflattering on my fair, warmer-toned skin, but this actually mimics my natural flush quite nicely! The added glow is also lovely- noticeably shimmery without being over-the-top. Further testing will be required to see just how long-wearing this is, but in every other regard, this is a winner!

Have you tested out the new Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffles yet? What are your favourite creme blushes for summer?

Thanks for stopping by! xo

41 comments:

  1. This product looks so gorgeous, gah! Temptalia's reviews were so glowing! I really would love to give one of these a go because they seem right up my street!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at the color intensity, yeeeeowza! I fell in love with this (these) when I first saw them on Temptalia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOO pretttty!!! I want to swatch these first, and that has to wait till I'm in Taipei later this year (no Becca counter here). 4 hours are really kinda short though! I don't think I own anything with a similar finish. Most of my cream blushes are matte or satiny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The finish really is so unique! And I may have to blame the wear time on the oily BB cream I was wearing underneath. It's performed better with other foundations!

      Delete
  4. Another inspiring post from you dear! love it! ♥

    New post on the blog sweetie!
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty product... I think you chose the best colour too :) As always, you look lovely!

    Maliberry Makeup

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. this looks like a beautiful color!

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This product looks so pretty - but at $33, it's a bit steep for sure! This shade looks absolutely pretty and I think it's such a versatile shade ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness these look so pretty! Lychee/Opal is calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That shade was next on my list for sure :)

      Delete
  9. Goodness these look beautiful!
    I love this colour on you.
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
  10. this looks extremely stunning dear. Have a great Monday! :)


    I AM ALSO ON: Instagram @kennydaily, Bloglovin and Facebook (i follow back, just let me know your links)


    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness what a stunning product!! Must look into these!!

    www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks a lot better than i expected! i thought it was going to be all dark and stuff but pretty!!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the level of pigmentation in this is just perfect! :)

      Delete
  13. Wow, this color is stunning. *__*

    ReplyDelete
  14. This particular color is gorgeous on you! I almost ordered these when they first came out but I'm glad I held off. On Temptalia, most look very sheer and like a highlighter/tint. Considering we have similar skin tones (and I'm even darker than her during summer), these weren't the right product for my liking. Such a shame, because they're so gorgeous in the pot. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Coco! I was worried about these being to pale and frosty, but the pigmentation was quite impressive :)

      Delete
  15. Love the review!!! I need to try this for sure, loving the shade :)
    Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, I'm following you on Bloglovin, I hope you follow me back!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for following :)

      Delete
  16. Holy cow! The product looks absolutely beautiful! I definitely need to give this a look when I am in Sephora next! Need more cream blushes in my life!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  17. UGH, STILL GREEN WITH ENVY THAT YOU GOT THIS. The texture of these things is fricking amazing though (so souffle/mousse-like) and I can definitely understand why you nabbed one so quickly on the day of ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The texture really is like nothing I've tried and I'm so happy with the shade :)

      Delete
  18. Fantastic review this product is so pretty!! I'm obsessed with the clinique cheek pops which aren't cream but aren't powder, they're somewhere inbetween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm in love with the Cheek Pops too :)

      Delete
  19. I love the look of this blush! Can't say I appreciate the (lack of) hold power, though!

    ReplyDelete
  20. sooooo summertime! soft mousse textures are so fun to squish... :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this looks awesome - never seen anything like it!! Pretty expensive but it is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. that looks wonderful on you sweety! so summer!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's really pretty, I love how it acts as an illuminator and a blush. They colour looks really nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megan! It really is the perfect blush/highlighter combo :)

      Delete
  24. I actually haven't tried any of the Becca products but I've heard such good things! I love this blush - it looks stunning on you!

    -Jessica
    http://jessicaweingarten.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I'm loving it so far :)

      Delete
  25. This looks like such a beautiful blush! Too bad it only stays on for about 4 hours though. I would have expected a cream blush to last much longer. Oh well, can't always win! Lovely review :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. It really fit with your skin!

    xoxo
    B*a la moda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Neat, they look so shimmery and non-blushy i nthe pot, but so pretty on!

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)