FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 8 May 2014

Night and Day

Hello, everyone! While the majority of posts here on the blog focus on makeup (which is no surprise, since I'm a total makeup fiend), I'm also a sucker for skin care. Few things get my beauty geek senses tingling more than applying a new cleanser, cream, or mask for the first time. A truly sensual (dare I say, religious?) experience! If you're a skin care junkie too, you'll know what I mean ;)

So I'm going to make an effort to give a shout out to my favourite complexion products more often here on the blog. Hope you'll be on board! I'm planning to post full morning and evening skin care routines soon, but in the meantime, I thought I'd spotlight two of my go-to, reliable serums. One rocks my boat overnight, while the other jazzes things up in the morning. 



Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II
I'd heard so many raves about this re-vamped skin care classic and finally gave into the temptation late last Fall. This nighttime treatment is touted primarily as an anti-aging wonder, but also promises to purify, smooth, hydrate, and even skin tone. A tall order! I can't attest to all of these claims, but Advanced Night Repair has remained a staple in my evening routine because it's lightweight, yet deeply moisturizing, doesn't break me out, and always leads to calm, glowy skin come morning. It's never irritated my sensitive complexion and it layers nicely under night creams. Handy, effective, and it comes in a dropper style bottle, which I'm always a sucker for. Anyone else? ;)

Le Jour de Chanel Morning Reactivating Skin Care
This was released last Fall as part of Chanel's 3-part Re-Synchronizing Skin Care range, consisting of Le Jour, Le Nuit, and Le Weekend. As my wallet couldn't muster the entire lineup, I opted for Le Jour. Chanel promises that this morning serum "energizes skin so that it can react to the environment throughout the day" (from chanel.com). I chose it because it seemed to fit my skin care needs the best of the three, as it aims to invigorate (with fresh-smelling jasmine), exfoliate and minimize the look of pores (thanks to salicylic acid), and brighten (via licorice extract). I have to say that it does all three nicely! This feels super light and refreshing on my skin (so needed in the morning!), creates a lovely glow, and leaves my face looking bright and clear. Plus, it has a fresh, cheery scent that doesn't anger my reactive skin. A perfect pick-me-up for the early hours!


In combination, these two serums keep my skin in pretty darn good shape, both day and night. While neither are miracle potions, they both work to keep my extremely finicky complexion in a balanced, luminous state. Can't ask for much more!

Have you tried either of these products? What are you favourite daily and nightly serums?

Thanks for reading! xo

23 comments:

  1. OK, this is how my dream purchase would look like! I'm a bit jelly now, Jen ;)!
    Hope you're having a great day :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried the ANR on a couple of occasions, and in both my skin has broken out in a terrible rash! I'm really sad about that because the product sounds amazing, and it's a holy grail of my mum's. Alas, I guess my skin can't handle the greatness :( That Chanel serum sounds so luxe and amazing! I actually haven't heard that much about their skincare.

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah totally religious. i saw the La Jour at winners but i quickly did some review searching and decided not to pick it up. i'm glad it's working out for you.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try the advanced night repair! I loveee skincare too <3

    http://handpickedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh beautiful picks! I will definitely look into these--thanks for the review!

    <(') Hoda || JooJoo Azad ~ Free Bird

    ReplyDelete
  6. ANR! ANR! ANR!!! I'm milking the last drops of my bottle, but I already have a new one in stock! No idea how I lived without the thing! Haven't tried Chanel skincare though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look like great products!! Great post, I'm always looking for new things to try out for my skin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Great picks dear. Thank you sweets for visiting my blog :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really looking into the Advanced Night Repair Serum - sounds promising!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Impressive! Feeling a little jealous right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The advanced night repair is such a gem! I just love applying it, it soaks in effortlessly :)

    Zandra // AZTEC DOLL Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're liking it too, Zandra! Thanks for stopping by :)

      -Jen

      www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

      Delete
  12. that sounds fantastic sweety!
    have a wonderful weekend!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm in love with Chanel products, they are so expensive but SO Good! thanks for sharing all this info :)
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've only really gotten into serums in the last year. These two both sound amazing.

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have not tried but I will if that's what you use! Your skin always looks amazing!
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. My mom is a regular user of Estee Lauder's Night Repair and she looks so young! I have tried it myself too, and it was really good!
    www.avasbeautyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. After last weekend at the popup store, I have no doubt that you're a skincare fiend :D
    ANR has been something I've been meaning to try for the longest time now, since I tried a sample of a Lancome serum a few months back and I swear THAT WAS A RELIGIOUS EXPERIENCE. I really need to start looking at serums, and ANR seems like the perfect place to start! This past weekend my friend also brought her tub of a Chanel cream over to my place and I was in total awe. Apparently it works wonders for her too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee... The ANR really is a fantastic, gentle but effective serum. And yes, Chanel is always tempting! ox

      Delete
  18. I want to give that Chanel morning cream a try. I also have super sensitive skin so I am glad to hear you didn't have any issues!

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)