FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Friday 16 May 2014

Look of the Day: Stone Fox

Happy Friday, everyone! So glad that the weekend is here, and a long one at that! I plan to spend the next few days taking it easy, snuggling with my cat (and if he's lucky, my boyfriend ;)), doing a bit of shopping (obviously), and catching up on Game of Thrones. The usual. I'll also be going to the Essie Button meet-up in Yonge-Dundas Square on Sunday afternoon. It'll be a fun experience to meet her, as she's one of my favourite bloggers out there. Authentic, funny, and a great taste in makeup! Are any of you going to the meetup?

Now, onto the post at hand! To say I get swayed by other bloggers' glowing reviews is an understatement. I recently read Tempalia's rave about the new Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Stone Fox and I knew it had to be mine. I've been fascinated with the Marc Jacobs cosmetics line from the start (and am a huge proponent of their No Regrets Lust for Lacquer and Petra Enamoured High Shine Lacquer), but had not snagged anything from the brand in some time. I picked up Stone Fox late last week and immediately put it to work!


The Highliner Gel Eye Crayons are designed to be pigmented, waterproof, and long-wearing. The shade range is very colourful and diverse (they've just added some new options to the mix) and the pencils include a built-in sharpener for on-the-go precision. How handy! 

Stone Fox is a stunning charcoal grey with blue undertones and silver micro-glitter. It can be applied heavily for seriously definition or blended out for a more diffused effect. It does set quite quickly, though (it even warns as such on the box), so you have to work fast! I'm also pretty smitten with the name of this. I wasn't aware of the reference initially, but the very day I was wearing it, James Brown's song "Stone Fox" came on the radio and I instantly got it. Quite the coincidence!


For the eye look, I started with a base of eye shadow, using the lovely and affordable NYC HD Eye Shadow Trio in Late Night Latte. I applied the shimmery purple-taupe shade from the palette all over my lid, blending up to the crease. I also added a slight touch of the brown shade to my crease for definition and popped some of the ivory highlight shade on the brow bones and inner corners of the eye. I next applied Stone Fox heavily and messily along my upper lash line, quickly smudging and blending up to smoke things out. I also applied some of the liner on the outer half of my lower lash line. I finished things off with two coats of BeneFit They're Real! mascara for added drama. 


The rest of the look relied on a palette of cool, candy pinks. I applied Laura Mercier Creme Cheek Colour in Oleander to the apples of my cheeks (it really blends like a dream!) and slicked my lips with Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour in Lovechild.

Here's a shot of the key pieces of this look!



And a full list of everything I used:

The Breakdown:

Primer: Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer 
Foundation: Revlon ColourStay Liquid Makeup (Combination/Oily Formula) in Buff
Concealer: Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Concealer in Y1
Powder: Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Light

Bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronze Bronzing Powder in Fair Matte
Blush: Laura Mercier Creme Cheek Colour in Oleander

Highlighter: BeneFit Watt's Up (on cheekbones and down bridge of nose)

Brows: Maybelline Define-A-Brow in Dark Blonde
Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original Formula
Eye Shadows: NYC HD Trio Eye Shadow in Late Night Latte

Eyeliner: Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Eye Crayon in Stone Fox
Mascara: BeneFit They're Real!

Lips: Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour in Lovechild


And a couple more shots of the look:



I actually don't buy eyeliners often, but I'm very happy that I snagged Stone Fox. It stayed in place perfectly all day long (even through a little nap!) and I find the shade to be quite versatile. Blending it out makes it soft and demure and applying it heavily really adds some smoke. The micro-glitter in it is quite pretty, but still subtle enough that I could wear this to the office. I also had fun playing around with these Spring shades of blush and lipstick! 

Does Stone Fox look like an eyeliner you'd wear? What are your favourite eyeliners at the moment? Have you tried Marc Jacobs cosmetics? 

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend :)

37 comments:

  1. Great look! The cheeks and lip colour really compliment each other well!
    Much love, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. she uses the MJ teal one a LOT and i WANT that one so badly.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that makeup suits you so much! Especially the eyeshadow :D
    Random Brilliance With Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you did your eyes <3
    www.avasbeautyjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a gorgeous look! :) xx

    http://handpickedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately I don't wear eyeliners, I think they really don't suit me - I only look old and tired lol. But you're absolutely rocking them. Very foxy :)!
    Have a great weekend, J.!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Gita! You could totally rock eyeliner, I'm sure :)

      Delete
  7. Oh that eyeshadow trio is so gorgeous... I'd never expect it to be from NYC xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was so surprised with the quality. It's become an instant favourite :)

      Delete
  8. This make-up looks so good! Especially on you!
    I will definitely try this out myself!

    Great post!
    Kisses,
    www.mfashionhour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Glad I've inspired you try it out :)

      Delete
  9. Lovely makeup look! And yay for game of thrones :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! I'm so addicted to that show :)

      Delete
  10. Looking very beautiful dear. Bright glowing face :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This make ups is fantastic! I try to do it!! :)
    xx
    http://thedreamisparis.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sara! Glad I've inspired you to give this look a go :)

      Delete
  12. Beautiful look honey:)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic makeup look. I really love the eyeshadow - wow!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOO preeeeetty!!! This kinda reminds me of UD Gunmetal, which is a shade I can't seem to incorporate successfully into my looks that often. Now I'm tempted to bust similar shades out and see if I can dupe this look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Sunny! You should definitely try! I can't always wear silvers, but this one works nicely :)

      Delete
  15. following you back
    xxx
    http://loadsof-joy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeowzas! That is totally gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this shadow look! It's so shimmery and I like the darker shade on the lid.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have the cutest smile and OMG your skin is flawless, I wish I would have your skin, also I love the makeup, so fresh and fun!
    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, how sweet of you to say, Sara! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  19. Thanks so much, Marlen! I wear silver so rarely, so had a lot of fun playing with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The NYC Palette looks very similar to the Almay one I love. The eyeshadows look really nice on your lids so I'll have to check the NYC palettes out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am putting Stone Fox on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)