FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Monday 19 May 2014

That Time I Met Essie Button :)

Hi, everyone! So I have a pretty exciting post to share with you today- the ultimate blogger fangirl moment! Estee from Essie Button stopped by downtown Toronto for a meet-up yesterday and I was lucky enough to be in attendance. Here's the proof! (Can you tell that I'm excited? Sheesh).


Let's start at the beginning of the adventure. I met up with some lovely Toronto-based beauty bloggers for the event, which made the afternoon super special! Shout out to Jenn at A Beautiful Zen, Vanessa at Citron + Guavaberry, and Steph at Fun Size Beauty! We arrived at Yonge Dundas Square around 2:15 to find an impressively large crowd. Clearly, the suspense was killing us! Jenn captured our impatience ;)


Estee arrived just after 2:30, with her mum in tow. I could tell she was blown away by the turnout! She had to capture a shot of it :)


I was also totally impressed with the size of the crowd. It was insane! Definitely pandemonium at first, as everyone tried to figure out how to get this meet-up going with such a large group.


After a short amount of time, security informed the group (yes, the crowd was big enough to require security!) that we were intruding on private property, so we got shifted across the street to the front of the Eaton Centre.


Check out that crowd! Vanessa and I waited patiently in the group, while Jenn and Steph tried to get a better position for some photos :)


Then security stepped in once again and asked us to move along. So it was another mass exodus to Nathan Phillips Square. This space in front of City Hall was public property, so we couldn't get evicted this time! Luckily, a lineup was formed this time around, which made things much less chaotic. Excitement grew as we got closer and closer to the front!


When it was finally my turn to chat with Estee, I was so jazzed! I gave her a hug and we instantly got down to talking makeup. In this candid shot from Jenn, I think we're comparing nail polish shades. Mandatory beauty blogger chat! Estee was incredibly sweet and gracious, thanking me for stopping by and complimenting my makeup and bag. I was so incredibly flattered and felt like a total beauty geek in her glory :)



After my individual chat, the four of us got together for a group shot. It turned out so nicely (thanks to our clear excitement and Vanessa's amazing camera)!



The meet-up yesterday really was an all-around amazing time! Not only was Estee incredibly lovely, warm, and gracious (she took the time to chat with everyone individually, even through some nasty rain), I got to spend the afternoon with some of the sweetest Toronto beauty bloggers around! We stopped by Sephora afterwards (obviously), which capped off our fun blogger adventure perfectly!

Thanks to Jenn, Vanessa, Steph, and- of course- Estee, for making the day super special! xo

50 comments:

  1. omg so cute!! Wow, can't believe how people showed up despite the weather :) You guys took a great shot together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, the crowd was incredibly impressive :)

      Delete
  2. hahaha i LOVE that shot of steph and i.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys looked like you had a blast! So jealous that you, Vanessa, Jenn, and Steph were able to meet her! The pictures here are lovely! Stopped by from jenn and Vanessa's blog, and now a new subbie! Can't wait to see more posts from you!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really did! I felt so lucky to have attended :) Thanks so much for following! xo

      Delete
  4. Great pictures glad you guys had a great time.
    Power to the Canadians bloggers woot woot!
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot woot! We really did have a fun time :)

      Delete
  5. Aah I'm so jealous! Looked like you had an absolutely amazing time! Must have been cray with so many people haha. All you blogger girls looked so lovely!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tasha! It was crazy, but super fun :)

      Delete
  6. I am so jealous! That looks like it was a lot of fun (despite the rain!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. (I just realised me, Steph's and Jenn's blog names are all the first few letters of the alphabet LOL [A, C, and F])
    THIS WAS FUN. SEE, me and Jenn weren't kidding when we said your makeup is flawless ;) GOT TO HEAR IT FROM ESSIE HERSELF
    Oh man, time for you to do that skincare post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heeheehee... thanks so much, Vanessa! Definitely have some skin care posts in the works! xo

      Delete
    2. And thanks again for sticking around with me in line through all the rain :)

      Delete
  8. How awesome is this!!! Looks like a HUGE crowd, she mentioned that she wanted to arrange her next meet-up differently but I didn't know what went wrong.. Being asked to move twice was what happened I guess. You look very happy in the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I was! And the crowd truly was huge- don't think she had any idea of how many people were going to show up :)

      Delete
  9. Oh wow, looks like you guys had FUN! I've never been to anything like this, most probably because who comes to Belgium for that? :p It's great you went with other fellow bloggers as well. Probably made it even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! So fun to meet her and especially to spend the afternoon with such lovely fellow bloggers :)

      Delete
  10. I'm so happy for you, babe, judging by these pics and your words you had an amazing time, despite the weather. But I'm a tad jealous too, you have such a strong blogging community there. Here there's no community at all, no meet-ups, no nothing. And besides all the people I want to meet (like you for example) live in a country far far away. Just like in some magical blogging fairyland.:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Peet. I really did! It was wonderful to spend time with fellow bloggers and feel like part of a community. If you're ever back in Toronto, I'd love to meet up! :)

      Delete
  11. This looks like so much fun! Estee seems very sweet and down-to-earth, which is really nice considering how many people came out to meet her.

    xo, Dolce
    www.mydailysweet.com
    If you're a fashion, lifestyle, or beauty blog, let's keep in touch! Leave me a comment and I'll check you out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely to meet you Jen! Your makeup and skin are, in fact, FLAWLESS!!! ...also... you caught me at an awkward moment in the photo with Jenn haha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic to meet you as well! And you are too sweet ;) Sorry about the awkward pic- thought it was pretty cute ;)

      Delete
  13. Thanks for checking out our blog! Followed you back! It's nice to see other Canada/Toronto bloggers.

    Ryli :)
    PearlofmyEye.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following! Always love to find new Toronto-based bloggers :)

      Delete
  14. Ahh amazing so sad that I had to work on the day of her meet up!!
    Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's too bad! Sure she'll do another meet-up next time she's here :)

      Delete
  15. OMG Jen I'm so jelly!! I love essie's channels! glad you had a great time :)

    curlsandmindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wait, is Steph on Jenn's shoulders??? That is what it looks like! I wish I could have made it (but being in NYC is a pretty good excuse). Sounds like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, she wasn't (was on the ledge behind)- but it really looks like it! :)

      Delete
  17. So AWESOME! Two of my favorite beauty bloggers together: Jen and Essie :)! Looks like you had loads of fun and it's so cool that you got to meet her :)! I'd die a little from the excitement :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Gita! I really had a super fun time :)

      Delete
  18. so cool sweety! and you look great!
    happy day!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  19. that's so cool! she's awesome, congrats :)

    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that crowd is crazy! Love her blue sandals.

    xo, Michelle / Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete
  21. How great that you all gave Essie a big and enthusiastic turn out back home (she's on loan to you from us in London!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think we gave her an appropriate welcome :)

      Delete
  22. Aww, so sweet that she was very gracious :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is SO COOL! Estée is one of my favorites and she's one of the main reasons why I started making videos again. :-) I'm so glad you got to meet her! She looks like such a lovely person and you look super excited in the pictures. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really was excited! She's one of my faves as well- so enthusiastic and natural- and it was an absolute pleasure to meet her :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)