FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 6 May 2014

Green + Good Natural Beauty Pop-Up Event

Hi, everyone! This past Sunday I had the opportunity to attend a lovely beauty event here in Toronto highlighting some of the best in organic and natural skin care and cosmetics. Green + Good was held at the Art Bar in the Gladstone Hotel and was touted as a "collaborative natural beauty pop-up". It featured several retail and online vendors and had an incredible selection of luxe, potent potions full of good-for-you ingredients. I was in heaven!


Upon walking in, I was instantly hit with a colourful array of products. They were all arranged so nicely on rustic, wooden tables. 



I had done some research on which brands would be featured at the event, paying attention to some of the lines that are harder to find here in Toronto. I quickly honed in on Pai, a brand I've been dying to try for some time!

Pai was there on behalf of Fresh Faced (an online-based organic retailer; you can check out their site, here) whose owner, Sally Glover, was incredibly friendly and informative. She quickly advised me of a promotion made in heaven- a free Pai BioRegenerate Oil with any $60 purchase. I may or may not have taken advantage of that one. Scroll down to find out :)




I was also so very tempted by the offerings from Ilia Beauty, but since their products are largely for lips, I resisted (I'm on a lipstick ban, after all!). Ilia also had a beautiful-looking highlighter called Polka Dots and Moonbeams Beauty Illuminator. I mean, the name alone! If I weren't already an RMS Living Luminizer convert, I would have snagged this up for sure!



Many more lovely brands to be discovered on the other side....



... including beauties from Tata Harper and Kahina Giving Beauty.



I also spotted some adorable heart-shaped konjac sponges from One Love Organics. Each colour is designed for a specific skin type and I was way tempted by the deep cleansing charcoal offering (the cute little black heart). These are on my wishlist for sure!



During my perusal, I discovered a new brand that I instantly fell for. Aromacentric is an aromatherapy-based brand that creates a variety of products to treat the body and mind. You can check out their website, here! Let me tell you, these products smelled gooood. Their pulse-point aromatherapy oils were incredible and their fresh, fragrant body mists were super uplifting and fun. But it was one of their lush body creams that stole my heart. See below :)




And the best part about the outing, really, is that I got to go with two fellow Toronto-based bloggers. I was joined by Vanessa from Citron and Guavaberry and Jenn from A Beautiful Zen (with whom I'd already shared some shopping excursions). Made for an incredibly fun afternoon!




Here we are, showcasing some of the goodies :)

As for what I picked up at Green + Good, here are the spoils! As I mentioned earlier, there was a promotion on Pai products and I took full advantage. Since I picked up a Pai Geranium & Thistle Rebalancing Day Cream (a lovely herbal number for combination/oily skin), I scored a free (yes, free!) full-sized Pai Rosehip BioGenerate Oil. I've heard such amazing things about this face oil and was thrilled to receive it as a complimentary gift! Sally from Fresh Faced also gave me a luxurious little sample that got me super excited. I'd been very curious about the May Lindstrom skin care line, the Problem Solver Correcting Mask especially. Sally gave me a little tub of this rich black mud mask and I can't wait to give it a go! 

Finally, I picked up a beautiful body cream from Aromacentric. The Citrus Cheer Energizing All Over Body Lotion smells of lemongrass, lime, and geranium, is rich and creamy, and really does make me feel cheery!


I had an amazing time at the Green + Good Natural Beauty Pop-up Event! Met some lovely people, picked up some incredible products, and got to spend time with two of my favourite Toronto-based beauty bloggers. An all-around success!

Have you tried any goodies from Pai? What are some of your favourite organic skin care lines?

Thanks for reading! xo

27 comments:

  1. Great pics I've loved anything I've tried from Pai!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for all the purchases and more importantly for a fun time w/ good people ;)
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! So glad you guys could come :)

      Delete
  3. Konjac sponges?? I had to google konjac, I had no idea what that was. Boy, they really make everything from everything nowadays. God, I sound 100 years old...:D Anyhow, I love the pictures, babe, it really was a colorful fun event! You have a great bag on by the way.;) But I have zero experience with almost all of the brands, I've definitely never heard of Pai before - I know, I'm clueless.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hadn't heard of them till recently either :) You should check out Pai for sure- they're such a lovely brand!

      Delete
  4. great photos! you look wonderful sweety!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! looks like it was alot of fun! I've never heard of Pai but am interested in trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh haaaai Jenn :) Looks like you guys had a great time! I love Pai! I've used up God knows how many bottles of their cleanser! So easy and gentle! I hope you'll love the stuff you picked up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you love them too! My skin has been loving the day cream so far :)

      Delete
  7. Sound like a very great set of beauty products!
    Fabrizia – Cosa Mi Metto???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I would have been like a kid in a lolly shop!!! I so want to try Pai so cant wait for your reviews!

    Karina @ beautyandlifestylehunter.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The event looked great. The Pai oil sounds so luxurious. I can't wait to hear what you think of it. :-)

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really quite nice! Plan to review it soon :)

      Delete
  10. THE NAMES FOR THE ILIA BLUSH/HIGHLIGHTER STICKS WERE PRETTY NIFTY. Except, so expensive :( ($38, iirc!) But definitely going to check out that brand. I'm so glad I invited myself to hang out with you guys, since that was a nice introduction into the more natural/organic side of makeup/skincare! c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annnnnnnnnnd I just realise we're all wearing double-breasted jackets...and scarves. Dang we r fance.

      Delete
    2. Haha, wow- we really are coordinated! So stylish :) And so glad you could make it! xo

      Delete
  11. Awesome event!
    And omg Jenn is popping up everyone haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, she is! Was happy she could join me :)

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful event! So many of my favourite brands in one place. Wish I was there... x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like there was a huge range of products! I've heard of Pai but never tried the line before... lots of great eco-friendly brands are on my must-try list though!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such an awesome event! I've always been interested in Pai, but never taken the initiative to research their products as it's not readily available here in Aus. Do let us know what you make of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do! Planning to post some reviews soon :)

      Delete
  15. Thanks so much for following! xo

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)