FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Friday 23 May 2014

Australian Drugstore Makeup Swap!

Hi, everyone! A few weeks ago, Leah from Temporary Princess got in touch and proposed a totally fun idea- a drugstore makeup swap! She's located down under in Australia, and I in Canada, which means that we both have access to unique brands that we both can't get in our respective countries. I was very quick to agree! We decided on a $40 budget and figured out lists of brands that we'd both love to try. We next went on our respective shopping sprees and then began the suspense of waiting for our packages!

I was so excited to find Leah's package on my doorstep earlier this week. I couldn't wait to discover what was inside!

Here's a peek at all of the makeup goodies that were included. Such an amazing variety! But let's start at the beginning... 


Upon opening the box, I discovered a lovely handwritten note from Leah and a hydrating sheet mask (LonVitalite CW Collagen Firming and Moisturizing Facial Mask). The note suggested I pop on the mask while I opened everything in the package, so I went for it! Such a nice idea :)


Upon removing the tissue paper, I was instantly drawn to the sweet treats in the package! If there's anything I love more than makeup, it's chocolate, so I was excited to spot these delicious delights, none of which are available in Canada. Yum! 


After moving the candy aside, I saw an amazing variety of individually-wrapped packages. The first one I noticed was labelled "for Sadie". My cat! Leah so thoughtfully included some toys for my kitty. I was so touched! Sadie was eager to check them out:



The rest of the packages were numbered, with the instructions to open them in order. Each of them had a cute little tag with a message describing the goodies inside. Such a lovely, personalized touch! Here's what was inside each of the little bundles:

#1: Sportsgirl Hip to Be Square Winter Collection for Eyes, Face, and Lips
I'd heard of Sportsgirl from other Australian beauty bloggers, but had never seen any of their product in the flesh (in the plastic? hmmm). This Hip to be Square palette is a stunning collection, featuring 9 lip colours, 9 eye shadows, and 3 blushes all arranged in a lovely design. Plus, the pattern on the box is stunning! 




#2: Sportsgirl The Polish Pen Nail Art Pen, Face of Australia Carnivale Nail Enamel in Masquerade, Essence 50's Girls Reloaded Nail Polish in Back to the 50s
The next bundle was all about nails! It included a stunning shimmery number from Face of Australia, a classic red from Essence (such cute, retro packaging!), a nail art pen from Sportsgirl, and an adorable little nail set!



#3: Model's Prefer Moisture Lust Glossy Lip Tint in Candy Licious, Ulta3 Lipstick in Cherry Wine, Colour by TBN Kiss & Make Up #881, Mini Chi Chi lip glosses
Number 3 was all about lips in a variety of fun colours! It included a cheery pink chubby lip pencil from Model's Prefer, a bold, classic red lipstick from Ulta3 (have heard great things about these lipsticks), a perky coral tinted lip balm from TBN, and two mini Chi Chi glosses!



#4: Australis Blush in Sand Dune, Chi Chi Mosaic Medium Bronzer
The fourth package was all about glowy touches for the complexion. It included a shimmery peachy-nude blush from Australis and a jumbo-sized multi-coloured bronzer from Chi Chi. Both so perfect for summertime! 



#5: Designer Brands Australia Kohl in Black, Designer Brands Savvy Liquid Eyeliner in Black
This sleek package was all about keeping the eyes looking sleek at well. She noted that she couldn't decide between choosing a pencil vs. liquid liner, so she included both! Can never own too many black eyeliners!  



#6: Chi Chi Glamorous Nudes Eye Shadow Palette 
Leah included this as the piece de resistance, just in case I wasn't happy with the rest of the goodies in the swap (as if!). It was a stunning eye shadow palette, nearly a perfect dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palette. The Chi Chi Glamorous Nudes palette includes 12 neutral shadows in a variety of shimmers and mattes, nudes and smokey tones. How lovely!



Here's a shot of all the spoils, piled in the box:


Sadie was quite curious indeed!


I also had to mention that the customs declaration Leah wrote was kind of adorable, particularly as we don't use the word "lollies" to describe sweets here in Canada. The idea of a box filled with cosmetics and lollies really made me smile :)


Overall, I am so thrilled with this swapping experience. Not only am I super pleased with all of the makeup goodies I received, I was so very impressed and touched by all of the care and personal touches that Leah put into the package. She made it such a fun, lovely experience! Thanks again to Leah for suggesting this idea and for making the process so wonderful! xo

Have you ever done an overseas makeup swap? Do you have any favourite brands of Australian cosmetics?

Thanks for stopping by! :)

37 comments:

  1. aw she packaged it in such cute ways!! what a great swap :)
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great swap! I'm so excited to see you try some Aussie goodies haha :) Mm yum love those salted caramel tim tams - delish! It's great that she was able to get you so much stuff - as you may know, makeup is RIDICULOUSLY expensive here!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tim Tams were delicious! Probably a good thing we can't get them here in Toronto ;)

      Delete
  3. Great swap! Love how she packaged things here! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on these products!!
    <3 Pauline, ­­Addicted to Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely idea, looks like a great thing to get in the post.

    Donna

    www.relaxedchic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the sweeties look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG THIS IS EPIC! Also, I spot your kitty! You should show more of her! I don't think I know any of these brands, but I'd like to hear if there's any gems in there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was veery curious about the package and was happy to see there were goodies for her in there too :)

      Delete
  7. Amazing makeup swap! I love timtam A LOT! Have an amazing weekend.



    I AM ALSO ON: Instagram @kennydaily, Bloglovin and Facebook


    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've done one swap before and it was so much fun! You got so many lovely things xx

    Gemma // Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy with everything- such a fun swap! xo

      Delete
  9. Wow. Sounds great. Loved all the products you got.
    Happy weekend :-)
    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tim Tams are my favourite haha! This is such a neat idea - I wasn't aware that their drugstore product lines were so different from ours. I especially love the nudes palette!

    Have a great weekend, Jen!

    -Jessica
    http://jessicaweingarten.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! Yes, so many unique brands I'd never heard of and the Tim Tams were ridiculously delicious :)

      Delete
  11. The Sportsgirl palette is so cool, I love the design of it and the circle pods. What a great swap, it was so sweet how much thought she put into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a wonderful palette! And all of her personal touches were so sweet :)

      Delete
  12. Ahh that's so cool you got to do an international swap! Id love to do one someday! She sent you down great stuff, I've never heard of any of those brands!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was such a great idea—I look forward to seeing what you got her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many goodies! I'd go crazy!

    I just posted! Come by soon!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super excited to unpack everything- so many lovely goodies :)

      Delete
  15. that is such a brilliant idea! Such an amazing way to try different brands and types of makeup! :D lovely colors and products! x
    - Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing, I would love to do this, x
    Bean's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Am loving your blog, and the Essie meet ahhh x
    Bean's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was such a thrill to meet her- she was lovely :)

      Delete
  18. Hi Jen! Ahhhhhhh!!!!! I'm so pleased you're happy with the offerings! De to a friend being up for the weekend, I've been a little tied up, but I'm thinking of ways to do YOUR parcel justice!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How nice! Would have been cute of you to take a selfie with the mask on, haha!! xx

    curlsandmindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I should have! I love sheet mask selfies :)

      Delete
  20. Yay!!! What a great swap! Leah is sooooo cute with her packaging and notes!!! Hope you enjoy all the goodies!
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the personal touches were so lovely! I am really enjoying everything so far :)

      Delete
  21. Ah, so this was why we were talking about Australian makeup last week! I love doing swaps, and you look like you got some pretty fancy things! (Re: chocolate- IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL YOU REALISE YOU CAN'T GET THAT CHOCOLATE IN CANADA IF YOU END UP LIKING THEM :( )
    And it's totes adorbs that Sadie got a cut of the goodies too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's why! Haha... the chocolate was amazing. Probably a good thing that I can't get them here. They were too good ;)

      Delete
  22. Awesome stuff! Excited to see what you think of Aus brands!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the idea of swaps.
    Everything you got looks so great.
    | | Dreams Of New York | |

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)