FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 16 December 2014

Nail of the Day: Barry M. Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Watermelon

Hi, everyone! It's been ages since I posted a Nail of the Day- have been so lazy with keeping my nails looking pretty! But I've got quite the lovely shade for you today, fresh from my recent FTB Beauty Haul. I'd been lusting after Barry M. polishes for ages and this summer was thrilled to find that FTB stocked the brand. For this order, I snagged one of their richest, deepest colours, Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Watermelon


Barry M. Gelly Nail Paints come in rectangular glass bottles with shiny silver caps. The variety of fonts on the front is ultra cute! The formula promises a gel-like effect with a high-shine finish. They (as with all Barry M. products) are also cruelty-free!




Watermelon is quite the unique hue! First off, I enjoy that it's inspired by the outside of a watermelon, as opposed to the inside. A different take on a yummy fruit! I'd describe the shade as a deep cool-toned teal green with blue undertones. It applies smoothly and evenly and reaches full opacity with two coats. 


The finish is undoubtedly shiny, especially in the direct sunlight. It is quite a flattering effect!


Overall, I'm a huge fan of this polish. The shade is rich and unique, while still being quite wearable and sophisticated. The glossy finish is quite gorgeous and the formula applies like a dream. My only complaint? This does start to chip noticeably after only 2 days. So, I wish it were a bit more durable, but it's still among my faves!

Have you tried any Barry M. Gelly polishes? What nail shades are you loving at the moment?

Thanks for stopping by! xo

7 comments:

  1. love,love,love that color!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, my first thought was why name it watermelon but I see now, it does have that green tint under direct light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this color looks great, it's so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is NOT the shade I had in mind when I heard watermelon, but it's really pretty! I've heard a lot about Barry M, but I don't think the brand is actually available here, strange as it may sound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, too bad- it's a great brand! And love that this is an unexpected "Watermelon" shade :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, this color is so pretty, love it. *__*
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)