Of course the product I'm talking about is the Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick Duo in Violet/Palomino. I was lucky enough to receive this as part of my CBB Secret Santa Gift and it's been with me non-stop ever since.
For those unfamiliar with the brand, Bite Beauty is a Toronto and New York-based company that focuses on creating top-notch lip products that are made with such healthy ingredients that they are fully food grade. Not that I'd advise eating your lipsticks (much better on the mouth than in it), but it's incredibly reassuring that there are zero nasties in the formulas. Bite also has a bit of an edge, which translates into some super unique, bold colours. Totally up my alley!
The Luminous Creme Lipstick Duos are the absolute perfect little treat for those who are eager to try the brand (or for those who have way too many lipsticks) and are looking to sample two shades without committing to a full-sized product. I'd been lusting after this combo in particular, as both of the shades are completely my style.
The lipstick duos have been recently re-packaged for the holidays, housed in festive red boxes with gift tags. Each end of the box displays the shade name and corresponding hue of the lipstick inside:
The tube itself is made of charcoal grey, matte plastic and (as you can see in the first photo) you remove caps from either end to reveal the lipstick bullets. It is perfectly compact and quite tiny for a duo, about the length of my index finger.
The first shade in the duo is Palomino, a saturated cool-toned fuchsia pink:
The second shade is Violet, a slightly warmer-toned vibrant purple:
Here they are swatched on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone). As you can see, they are incredibly pigmented!
|Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipsticks in Palomino (left) and Violet (right)|
Of course, Sadie wanted to be closely involved with the swatching process:
And here are both shades on my lips and in the context of entire makeup looks:
|Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Violet|
|Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Palomino|
And a full breakdown of the ups and downs of this high impact lip duo:
- Incredibly pigmented- these give bold and even colour in one quick layer!
- Lightly hydrating formula leaves lips feeling soft and lush
- Flattering satin finish that makes lips look plump and super luminous!
- Incredibly long-wearing; these last quite well even through meals and fade gracefully
- Handy, compact packaging
- Perfect way to try out two shades without committing to a full-sized lippie
- Free from any harmful ingredients; these babies are food grade!
- At only $15 CAD, this is a wonderful value
- This is not the duo for you if you like more muted, neutral lip shades
- Also not the lipsticks for you if you prefer sheer colour. These babies are full-on from first swipe!
Really, I cannot find fault with these lipsticks! The formula is wonderfully rich, smooth, and pigmented, gives a flattering sheen to the lips, and wears incredibly well all day long. There are no nefarious ingredients and the packaging is beyond handy. Plus both of the shades are utterly gorgeous!
Have you tried anything from Bite Beauty? What lipsticks have made it into your regular rotation lately?
Thanks for reading! xo