Tisse Rivoli is packaged in Chanel's typical black and gold packaging- pretty standard, yet still oh so chic.
The palette itself is black and reflective with a Chanel logo embossed on the front. The back of the palette includes all the pertinent information, including a quick graphic that demonstrates which of the colours inside are for shading, highlighting, and intensifying.
Upon opening the palette, you'll see a nicely sized mirror and- most importantly- four gorgeous shades of shadow. They come in a circular domed shape and include a variety of intensities. It also includes two foam-tipped applicators, which actually work quite well as compared to similar inclusions from other brands.
The top left shade is a shade colour and is the coolest among the bunch. It is a mid-tone to dark neutral cocoa brown with noticeable shimmer. It looks fabulous worn in the crease or the outer corner of the eyes. The top right shade is a highlight colour and is, as the category suggests, the lightest tone in the quad. It's a shimmery warm champagne ivory and works wonders to brighten the inner corners of the eye or add a pop of brightness to the centre of the lid. The bottom left shade is another shade colour and is in the middle of the pack in terms of intensity. It's a gorgeous shimmery warm caramel toasted gold that looks amazing all over the lid or above the crease as a transition shade. Finally, the bottom right shade is an intensify colour and is the deepest tone in the palette. It's a dark warm plummy brown that works well as a liner or to smoke things up.
Here are swatches of all four shades on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone):
|Chanel Tisse Rivoli (L-R) Top left Shade, Top right Highlight, Bottom left Shade, Bottom right Intensify|
And here's an eye look that I created using all four shades of Tisse Rivoli. I applied the warm Shade colour all over my lid, as well as above the crease. To add depth, I applied the darker Shade colour on the crease and lightly on the outer half of my lower lash line. I then stroked the deep Intensify shade along my upper lash line as a liner and to the outer corner of my eye for some extra smoke. Finally, I added touches of the Highlight shade on my brown bone and inner corners of my eyes to brighten things up.
And a full breakdown of my thoughts on this palette:
- Excellent pigmentation- can be worn sheer or layered for a bolder look without looking thick or heavy
- Incredibly smooth, blendable texture. No hint of chalkiness anywhere!
- Perfect selection of shades- everything you need from a highlighter to a liner
- Should be suitable for both warmer- and cooler-toned complexions, though the overall feeling of the palette is warm
- Extremely versatile- can be used to create a simple everyday neutral look or something much smokier
- Long-wearing formula- colours stay true all day!
- Includes unique shades that stand out among a sea of neutral palettes. The bottom two colours (warm caramel gold and dark plummy brown) are particularly un-dupeable!
- Sleek, chic, compact packaging
- The only one I can think of is the price! At $62 CAD these do require a splurge. But if you save up your Optimum Points, you might just be able to get it for a steal like I did!
So there it is- a review of my new and much-loved Chanel 4 Ombres in Tisse Rivoli. Yes, it is another neutral palette. Yes, it is on the pricey side. But amidst a sea of nudes and nakeds, I really find the shades in this quad to be incredibly unique, particularly the two shades on the bottom of the quad. Plus, these reformulated palettes have truly been improved. The textures are smooth, pigmented, and incredibly long-wearing. The shimmer gives a beautiful glow, while still looking polished and elegant. If you're looking to treat yourself to a luxurious makeup treat that you could actually wear everyday, I'd definitely recommend Tisse Rivoli!
Thanks for stopping by! xo