The Rouge Edition Velvets come in clear plastic rectangular packaging that allows you to see the shade of the product inside. Quite handy! They feature the name of the product on the front and the shade names and numbers are included on stickers on the back and bottom. The applicators are your typical doe foot wands, with no bells or whistles. Not a problem for me- sometimes simple is best!
Both of the shades I snagged from this range are bright and bold (go figure). While their more muted shades are equally as beautiful, I thought my first dip into these products should be fun, cheery, and in line with the Vibrant Beauty Blog theme. I chose Frambourjoise, a warm reddened berry and Pink Pong, an in-your-face cool fuchsia.
Here they are swatched on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone):
|Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in (L-R): Frambourjoise and Pink Pong|
And here they are on my lips! Both shades apply with a creamy, blendable texture and dry down completely matte. I find Frambourjoise to be a bit drier and more sheer than Pink Pong (not sure if that's a consistent thing or just a random occurrence), but it can definitely be layered to achieve more opacity.
|Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Frambourjoise|
|Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Pink Pong|
And for a full breakdown of my thoughts on these pretty lippies:
- Ultra rich, saturated colour- a little goes a long way!
- Very creamy at first- applies effortlessly and can be layered without feeling heavy or gloopy
- Despite the matte finish, feels extremely comfortable and lightweight on the lips
- Does not leave lips parched or flaky- a rarity among matte lip colours!
- Wears incredibly well and fades gracefully
- Reapplies effortlessly as well- touch-ups are a breeze!
- At $23 CAD, these aren't a total budget pick, but are still a great buy given the quality!
- Not for those who like sheer, glossy lips- no doubt that these are matte and opaque!
- Packaging is slightly bulky compared to other lip glosses/stains
I am so in love with these gorgeous lip colours. The shades are so bold and gorgeous and the formula is spot-on. Perhaps the best matte formulation I've tried! I've been wearing these almost daily since purchasing them and am looking forward to trying more offerings from the line. Keep your eyes peeled for Looks of the Day featuring these two lovelies soon!
Thanks for reading, as always, and enjoy the weekend! :)