Here is a picture of the Aqualumiere packaging:
|Chanel Aqualumiere Lipstick|
And here is a picture of Zanzibar in the tube:
|Chanel Aqualumiere Lipstick in Zanzibar|
And a swatch of it on my arm (on the right):
|Chanel Aqualumiere in Zanzibar (right) swatched on my arm (MAC NC15 skin tone)|
As you can see, Zanzibar is a warm, corally-gold cinnamon shade (tough to describe, but that was my best shot!), that has sheer-to-moderate colour coverage and offers a reflective finish. It is darker than a traditional nude shade, but is also not too deep a brown, so it does not wash me out. As the name suggests, Aqualumieres were designed to offer a moisture-rich, luminous formula, and Zanzibar is no exception!
Here are a few pictures of me wearing it:
|Me wearing Chanel Aqualumiere in Zanzibar|
|In sunlight (bad hair day! :P )|
|Under artificial light|
- Moisturizing formula, which is great for winter!
- A lovely warm shade that isn't too nude or too brown
- High on the luxury factor- can't help but feeling posh when using Chanel ;)
- Since this line is now discontinued, you'll have to find something similar if you like what you see here. As a recommendation, try Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in Biarritz or Liberte.
- This shade may be too warm for those with very cool, pink-toned skin
- Chanel products are always pricey, but are worth the splurge on occasion!
I've always had a soft spot for Chanel lipsticks, and Zanzibar certainly didn't disappoint. I can see it being a regular in my rotation, especially during the spring and summer. It's a perfect shade to bring a touch of bronzy coral to your face! :)