FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 29 November 2011

30 Days of Lipstick, Day 22: Hard Candy Painted Lady Lip Colour in Perfect 10

Hey, everyone! On Day 22 I opted for a darker, more smokey eye than normal, so I thought a subtle nude lip would be the perfect complement to the look. The lipstick I chose to complete this look was Hard Candy Painted Lady Lip Colour in Perfect 10 (approximately $5 CAD at Wal-Mart). As I mentioned in a previous post (http://vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2011/05/yay-for-birthdays-and-makeup-filled.html), Perfect 10 is one of the few nude lipsticks that does not make me look corpse-like and washed out. And it's extremely affordable!

Here is a picture of it in the tube:




Perfect 10 offers a lightweight, sheer formula with a shiny (but not too glossy) finish. It is this sheer, reflective appearance that makes this a highly wearable nude lipstick (at least for my fair, neutral-to-warm NC15-20 skin). The shade itself is a light pinky beige, with no hints of the brown of grey undertones found in many nude lipsticks.

Here are a few pictures of me wearing it:

Me wearing Hard Candy Perfect 10 Painted Lady Lip Colour

Awkward, dorky face ;)

In sunlight



The Verdict:


Pros:
  •  Super affordable!
  • A universally flattering nude shade that isn't too opaque or brown-toned
  • Lightweight, moisturizing formula!

Cons:
  • The packaging is a bit tacky- it's definitely aimed at a younger demographic
  • The lipstick itself has detached from the inside of the tube, so it's loose inside which makes it a bit hard to apply

Overall, Perfect 10 is my go-to lipstick when I am aiming for a subtle nude lip to pair with a smoky eye. If you're looking for a lipstick to fit a similar bill (and at a great price!), check this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)