FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 8 November 2011

30 Days of Lipstick, Day 7: YSL Rouge Volupte in Tender Peach

Today's lipstick is one I have reviewed on the blog previously (see http://vibrantbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/ysls-rouge-volupte-lipsticks-let-us.html), but I was happy to feature it again! Yves Saint Laurent's Rouge Volupte lipsticks ($38 CAD, at Sephora, Holt Renfrew, and The Bay) offer the most luxurious packaging I've seen. Really such a beautiful thing to pull out of your bag for a touch up!

 
Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipsticks


The shade I selected for this balmy Monday was Rouge Volupte in Tender Peach #26. YSL describes the shade as a "light pinkish peach", which captures the colour well. It's a light-weight, creamy pinky-peach that creates a lovely nude lip with a retro feel. And as part of the Rouge Volupte line, it offers a "shade that drench[es] the lips with densely pigmented color and a unique color-shine complex, [that leaves] lips visibly smoothed, plumped, and radiant with luminous satin color". In other words, Rouge Voluptes offer highly pigmented shades with a subtle moisturizing sheen, and Tender Peach is no exception!

Here are a couple pictures of it in the tube (on the left in each):



YSL Rouge Volupte in (L) Tender Peach and (R) Rose Culte

Rouge Volupte (L) Tender Peach and (R) Rose Culte

And a swatch of it on my arm:

 
YSL Rouge Volupte Tender Peach swatched on my arm (MAC NC15 skin tone)


And here are a few pictures of me wearing it:


Me wearing YSL Rouge Volupte Tender Peach




With flash

The Verdict

Pros:
  • It is rare to find such a highly-pigmented formula that feels so light and comfortable on the lips!
  • Unique nude shade that doesn't wash out my fair skin
  • Great for a retro '60s look- would go great with Twiggy-inspired mod eyeshadow
  • Doesn't dry out the lips
  • Irresistible packaging!
Cons:
  • Very pricey!
  • Not necessarily a wearable shade for every day
  • May not be flattering on all skin tones

Overall, this is one of my favourite lipsticks! As I mentioned, it's not an everyday shade, but it's a great go-to when I'm wearing a smoky eye or if I'm attempting a mod, retro look. I realize these lipsticks are quite expensive, but if you're looking to splurge on a high-end lipstick, the packaging and formula of YSL Rouge Voluptes can't be beat! :)

2 comments:

  1. What blush r u wearing in this pic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I did this look about a year ago, but my best guess would be Stila Gerbera Convertible Colour topped with NARS Sex Appeal powder blush. Even if this wasn't exactly what I used, I think those two blushes would create a similar look.

      Hope this helps, and thanks for reading! :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)