FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Monday 18 July 2011

YSL's Rouge Volupte Lipsticks: Let us admire their Beauty :)


As I'm sure several of my previous posts have suggested, I'm a bit of a sucker for lipstick, especially when it is nestled within sleek, luxurious packaging. When this pretty exterior is coupled with a great formula: lipstick heaven! I recently acquired two new lipsticks that fit this heavenly bill. As pictured above, Yves Saint Laurent's Rouge Volupte Lipsticks come in gilded, metallic tubes that sport the brand's iconic YSL logo as well as a colourful band, which previews the colour housed inside. Although the lipsticks are quite expensive (retailing for $34 USD), I was lucky enough to score them both from online makeup swaps, which only set me back the cost of shipping. A fun and frugal way to test out new products!

The two shades I chose were #26 Tender Peach, a creamy peachy-melon shade and #11 Rose Culte, an intense berry fuchsia shade. Both are pictured below:

YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks in (L) Tender Peach and (R) Rose Culte


YSL Rouge Volupte Lipsticks in (L) Tender Peach and (R) Rose Culte. So very pretty!

YSL's website claims that Rouge Volupte Lipstick "saturates lips in captivating color that’s intensely pigmented, and imparts an irresistible glossy shine". They also argue that this lipstick is long-wearing and comfortable on lips, leaving them more smooth, plump and radiant.

Amazingly (given an overarching tendency for the cosmetics industry to exaggerate the benefits of their products), I have to agree with all of these claims! Indeed, Rouge Volupte Lipsticks offer a formula that is simultaneously light, comfortable, and highly pigmented. A little really goes a long way! The shades truly are long-lasting, have a satiny (but not overly shiny) finish, and leave lips smooth and full.

 
The first shade I got, #26 Tender Peach, is a perfect shade for summer and looks lovely paired with bronzes, corals and golds. It offers a slightly brighter colour than most nude-toned shades, with noticeable peachy undertones. Here's a closeup of it on my lips:

YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in #26 Tender Peach

You can also blot the colour, to tone down the shiny finish:


YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in #26 Tender Peach, blotted slightly

And here's what it looks like in the context of a whole makeup look. I paired it with NARS Taj Mahal Powder Blush and Bare Escentuals Eye Colour in Madras. Let me know if you have any questions about these products, or any others used in this look!




The second shade I got, #11 Rose Culte, is a stunning berry shade, best paired with more subtle eyes and cheeks. It is definitely more of a cool-toned lipstick (more blue undertones than orange/yellow undertones), but luckily suits my neutral-warm complexion well. Here are a couple pictures of what it looks like on my lips:


YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in #11 Rose Culte



And here's the look I did with Rose Culte, which I paired with NARS Dolce Vita Powder Blush and Bare Escentuals Glimmer in Queen Phyllis:



Overall, I'm really happy with the Rouge Volupte formula, my first ever venture into YSL lipsticks. The texture is lightweight and the colour payoff is phenomenal! My love of them is admittedly heightened by their luxe packaging (and by the fact that I didn't pay full price for them!), but these lipsticks really deliver what they promise. So, if you're ever in the mood to treat yourself to a shiny, colourful piece of designer luxury, pick up one of these babies. You won't be disappointed! :)

Thanks for reading! xo

4 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff Jen! Great job with the photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! So awesome!
    TENDER PEACH is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very unique and beautiful shade, indeed! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours is called 'warm complexion'? You are joking aren't you?

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)