FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Ode to NARS Schiap

NARS Semi-Matte Lipstick in Schiap

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways... Ok, I don't usually get so romantic over a lipstick, but I think NARS Semi-Matte lipstick in Schiap ($24 USD, at Sephora) may be the one I've been waiting for all my life :)

It's a vibrant, shocking pink with violet undertones and a sophisticated matte finish. Even though it's an uber-bright shade, it seems to flatter a wide range of skintones and colouring. Here it is on a bright-eyed red-headed model and on the lovely Maggie Gyllenhaal:

Model wearing NARS Schiap Lipstick

Schiap (topped with a layer of gloss) on Maggie Gyllenhaal

Schiap is also a favourite of professional makeup artists, including one of my favourites, Lisa Eldridge. Here's a look that Lisa did on model Lindsey Wixson, using the lipstick:


I've had Schiap for a while now, and am surprised I haven't sung its praises on here yet! To finish, here are some pictures of the lipstick on me:


NARS Schiap Lipstick on my non-pigmented lips and NC20 skin

It has a very matte finish, but can be topped with gloss for a sleeker look






Thanks for reading!!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I need your help on finding a nice red for my skin tone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'd love to help you pick out a red that you'll like. Do you prefer something more orange- or pink-toned? I'm thinking you'd want something sheer-ish? Let me know and I'll give you some recs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My God, Schiap becomes you! Its perfect on you. :) You made me decide to buy it. hahaha

    Btway, what eyeliner and blush are you wearing on those photos. They really go well with Schiap. I hope you don't mid if I copy your whole look. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I did this look a little while ago, but I'm pretty sure I'm wearing MAC Dainty Mineralize blush and Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black. Both are staples for me. Glad this post inspired you to try out Schiap- it's truly a unique shade. You won't be disappointed! Thanks for commenting, and let me know if you have any other questions :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)