FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Friday 5 August 2011

The Ultimate in Makeup Cuteness: The Pupa Puppet!


Looking at the adorable picture above, you might think "what does this flowery tweed little monster have to do with makeup?" Indeed, at first sight it appears to be nothing more than a quirky, smiley stuffed animal- which is always alright by me. But... if you tug on her little red feet...


Oh look! Flowery legs! Still wondering what this has to do with makeup? Well, check this out:



Amazing! Housed inside her plush, monster innards is a feminine and versatile makeup palette! Created by the Italian makeup brand Pupa, which can be found at http://www.pupa.it/eng/ , this Pupa Puppet is both adorable and functional. It (she?) was given to me by a kind and generous friend who knew that I couldn't resist something so simultaneously cute and makeup-filled. Thanks Sarah!

The palette contains four eyeshadows, four lip glosses, and a blush, all in earthy shades of pink, peach and brown. Here's a closeup of it:


And here is a closeup of each side of the palette:






I haven't tested out any of the shades yet (I'm almost afraid to because everything is so pretty!), so I can't speak to the specific quality of the makeup. The quality is almost irrelevant, however, because the true joy of this product lies in its quirky, unique, and completely precious packaging. I smile every time I see it! It really provides new meaning to the phrase "playing with makeup". Perhaps a puppet show is in order?

Thanks for reading! :)

7 comments:

  1. That's neat! It's like a little make-up transformer toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! Do you know where to buy them? I really want one but can't find them anywhere online!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carly! Unfortunately I don't know any stores that sell Pupa, and the puppets may have been a limited edition product. I think your best bet might be eBay, but I'll keep my eyes open for them elsewhere and keep you posted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! I'm so glad that you are enjoying the puppet ... I couldn't think of a better person to appreciate this unique and adorable make-up item!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thanks Sarah! It was a very thoughtful gift, indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen, It's adorable! Of course you know I love stuffed animals so naturally it would appeal to me. The makeup looks nice too. We had a great visit with you! Love Mom

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)