FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 19 February 2015

Quickie Review: Face Atelier Facade in Chameleon

Hi, everyone! If you saw my last post or any of my IMATS coverage from last year, you'll know that I discovered Face Atelier back in November and was instantly happy to get acquainted with the brand. In the process, I discovered their Facades, which are versatile lip and cheek products with quite the unique texture. Let's take a look! 


As with the Ultra Foundation, the Facades come in silver, cardboard packaging with white lettering and a complete ingredient listing: 



The product itself comes in a small, clear plastic tube with a silver cap and lettering. The applicator comes via a slanted, plastic tip. When I first spotted the Facades on the display, they looked like tiny lip glosses, and thus, didn't instantly pique my interest. When the makeup artist explained that they were potent little cheek and lip stains, I immediately zoned in! 

Face Atelier describes their Facades as a "one of a kind, silicone-based, gel-to-powder [product that] provides translucent, non-streaking, and crease-free buildable matte colour that sets with a natural, dewy glow" (from faceatelier.com). It promises to give cheeks a natural glow and to act as a water-resistant base for lipstick and gloss. The brand also touts that the Facades are heat- and sebum-resistant. Quite the tall order for this tiny little tube!



The Facades come in 4 stunning shades, but the hue I opted for was Chameleon, a bold cherry pink. When initially squeezed from the tube, it feels like a dense gel-cream, which, as you can see, is super pigmented! When blended out, however, it feels incredibly lightweight and smooth and does indeed take on a soft, matte, powdery finish. 


Here I am wearing Chameleon on my cheeks (over foundation) and lips. As you can see, the bold, full-on cherry hue blends out easily into a much more subtle candy pink. It looks incredibly fresh and healthy on the cheeks, with no streaking in sight! On the lips, the texture is super interesting. It does dry totally matte, yet does not feel drying in the slightest. Also, it gives the most soft, rosy tint. I never knew that I needed a matte lip tint until I found this! 


And here I am wearing Face Atelier Facade in Chameleon in the context of a completed makeup look:


Overall, I am super smitten with this little tube of colour! The texture is unlike any other product I've tried, and that's a good thing! It blends effortlessly without disrupting foundation beneath. The finish is ultra flattering- matte, but not flat- and the wear time really is impressive! Yes, the tube is tiny, but seriously- a little goes a very long way. At $27, I find the Facades to be a great value! Definitely eager to try more shades from the range and more products from Face Atelier in general!

Are you a sucker for multi-purpose lip and cheek products? Have you tried anything from Face Atelier?

Thanks for stopping by! xo

21 comments:

  1. Wow this is gorgeous! It looks really red from the swatch but when blended in it has a pretty pink shade :) very nice for Spring/Summer x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenny! Agreed! I think I'll be wearing this all Spring long :)

      Delete
  2. That is some serious cherry blush alright! Love the eye make up, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally thought that was a lip product from the tube!

    What's on your eyes btw? The colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wearing my Yaby Pearl Paints in these photos- love the shiny finish :)

      Delete
  4. Gel to powder?! Interesting! Now that's something I want to try! I'm always looking for makeup with unique texture. Love love love the color on you, Jen! Very fresh and pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And yes, the texture really is unique :)

      Delete
  5. it's hard to find a dual purpose product that lives up to the claim but this sounds like an exception! Also, HOW GORGEOUS IS YOUR EYE MAKEUP?? Details please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really works great for lips and cheeks! And I'm wearing Yaby Pearl Paints in these photos :)

      Delete
  6. Seems like such a unique product! The sound of a matte lip stain has definitely got me interested!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, pretty, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a gorgeous shade! looks lovely on you!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That stuff looks great! Thanks for sharing!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh that is pretty! I'm actually more interested in using it as a lip tint because it's sheer and matte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely quite unique when used as a lip product :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)