FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Monday 4 November 2013

October Empties!

Hi, everyone! A new month is already underway (time is flying!), so we've reached another installment of my Empties posts. October's finished products include a few long-time staples and a couple new favourites.


The selection is pretty small again this month, but I hope you enjoy the mini reviews nonetheless!

(L-R): Majesteas Coconut Oolong Loose Leaf Tea, Revlon ColourStay Makeup Combination/Oily formula in Buff

Majesteas Coconut Oolong Loose Leaf Tea
One of my rare non-beauty empties, I had to feature this tea because it was fab! Majesteas is an independent British tea shop on the east end of Toronto that offers some fantastic loose leaf teas. Coconut Oolong is a rich, tropical green tea with a fresh aroma. The perfect summertime morning tea! Will definitely be visiting the shop soon to pick up some more :)


Revlon ColourStay Makeup Combination/Oily formula in Buff
If I said it once, I've said it a thousand times- this is my all-time favourite foundation! Offers flawless, shine-free coverage without looking cakey. Can't ask for much more! Unfortunately this particular bottle was a dud. I bought it months ago as a back-up for at a too-good-to-be-true clearance price. When I finally went to use this last month, I found that the texture was all off and it didn't sit well on my skin. Oh well! Will be more careful with the clearance section next time.


Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask
I got a little sample of this a few months back from one of the super friendly sales associates at the Chantecaille counter at Holt Renfrew. I'd been holding off on trying it, as I thought it might be too rich for my skin, but when my face was feeling extra irritated last week (thanks to an exfoliant that totally stripped my skin), I finally gave it a go. This mask smelled lovely and worked wonders at soothing my angry skin. I used it twice that week and my skin was noticeably calmer and less red afterwards. Not sure if I'd splurge on the full price, but this really was a treat!


(L-R, Top to Bottom): Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask, Bonne Bell Lipsmacker Dr. Pepper Flavour, MAC Blot Powder in Medium, B. Kamins Acne Wash

Bonne Bell Lipsmacker Dr. Pepper Flavour 
I recently touted this as my all-time favourite lip balm. It's only $2, has a sweet spicy scent and leaves a sheer rosy hue. Plus it's pretty high up on my nostalgia factor (used to wear this in grade school), so it's no surprise I go through these pretty regularly. It's a daily staple in my bag!


MAC Blot Powder in Medium 
This is another daily use product that I couldn't be without. Offers a natural, sheer, matte finish that diminishes shine all day. Definitely the best face powder I've ever used- I repurchase these again and again!


B. Kamins Acne Wash
Another staple in my routine, this has to be my all-time favourite cleanser. With salicylic and lactic acids, this works to keep my skin clear and smooth. Its barely foaming texture never dries out or irritates my skin. I use it nightly after my Shu cleansing oil and it works wonders to remove the last traces of makeup while exfoliating gently. A truly underrated gem of a product!


And one final, jumbo-sized shot:



And that's it! Only a few empties this month, but they were all winners! Have you tried any of the goodies I featured here? What did you finish up in October?

Thanks for reading! xo

36 comments:

  1. You review amazing products, thanks for always sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ladies! Glad you find the reviews helpful :)

      Delete
  2. I've just emptied my foundation and I need to try something new, I think there has to be something better out there - and apparently it is.:) I'll try this Revlon one you speak so highly of!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's fab. Thanks, as always, for stopping by Peet! xo

      Delete
  3. Great recommendation, I also use the green bottled one, it was a gift from my sister, it's organic right? So glad I clicked on your comment and got led back here to yours. It's seriously full of GREAT info and juicy pics here! Just followed you on GFC and bloglovin', be sure to see more of you soon. Btw, I just uploaded my first ever ONE COAT, THREE WAYS triple outfit post on how to style one coat three ways, in this case, an outlet mall found CĂ©line runway coat. Seriously, it's guaranteed to PROVOKE! Even including a funny GIF of me at the end, so laugh away- #ProvokingCoats

    xx The Provoker
    http://www.the-provoker.com/2013/11/one-coat-three-ways.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nathan! So glad you're enjoying the blog. I just stopped by your blog and am now following :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my god, that tea! I wish I could get my hands on it somehow! And the acne wash sounds amazing too!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tea really is fab and the acne wash is one of my all-time faves. Perfect for my sensitive skin :)

      Delete
  5. I'm always on the look out for great foundations, I may pick this one up as I heard lots of good things about it. Great mini review x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's great. Thanks for stopping by, Emma! xo

      Delete
  6. Yum that coconut tea looks DELICIOUS! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jen! Love the blog. I love Revlon glosses but I tried the 24 hour foundation and have to disagree. I thought it was totally cakey on my skin and felt heavy and waxy! I also sweated it off on my nose and had to keep reapplying! I was not a fan. I actually think their BB cream is much better, you should check that out!
    LMS
    www.richandskinnykc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Sorry to hear you didn't like Colourstay- I'll have to check out the BB Cream :)

      Delete
  8. congrats on finishing! i dont know how ppl finihs foundations. it seems like i've had a few of my since forever and they replenish themselves over night~

    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Colourstay is the only one I finish regularly :)

      Delete
  9. lovely this!
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. super nice blog you have! Drop by my if you feel like :)
    If you like we can follow each other on bloglovin '?

    / / Line
    www.Linebiine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful idea for a post series, and a brilliant alternative to monthly favorites. Seeing what products people actually use until the bitter end is really enlightening, and I'm loving all of yours!

    I'm especially lusting after that MAC blot powder...how is it that I've visited the MAC counter three times in the past month and didn't even know that that powder existed?!

    The Penny Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! Glad you enjoyed the post. Blot Powder is totally worth it! xo

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Thanks for stopping by, Amanda :)

      Delete
  13. very interesting post sweety!
    have a great day!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! The tea sounds really gorgeous, I need to look that up. Green tea makes me feel sick so I'm looking for some alternatives. I'm also investigating the MAC blot powder as we speak, sounds amazing. I definitely need some of that, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Izzy! Hope you picked up the Blot Powder and are loving it :)

      Delete
  15. I have that revlon Colorstay Foundation, but it looks very heavy on my face, not natural at all.

    Blog Cerejas no Topo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, sorry you're not loving it. Thanks for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  16. The Kamins Acne Wash is one of my HG facial cleansers for my combination/sensitive skin. I often experience pimple or acne flare ups and this facial wash effectively clears my skin. I have to use it every other day because my skin can not tolerate daily exposure to salicylic acid. Everytime I use this, my pimples and acne spots dry up very fast without making my face dry in the process. I am never without this cleanser. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good- glad you're loving it too! It's really an underrated product :) Thanks for stopping by, Jenny! xo

      Delete
  17. I know! It flew by! You really do need Colourstay in your collection :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)