FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Nail of the Day: Marc Jacobs Enamoured High Shine Lacquer in Petra

Hi, everyone! Time for another Nail of the Day, featuring one of the newest nail polish formulas on the market and one of the most unique, stunning shades I've tried in a while. Marc Jacobs Enamoured High Shine Lacquer in Petra has been on my radar for awhile now, so I was thrilled to pick it up during Sephora's recent VIB sale. To see my whole haul, click here! 


Marc Jacobs Enamoured High Shine Lacquer comes in a rounded glass bottle with a shiny plastic black cap and silver accents:


Petra caught my eye because it's a complex shade that's equally glitzy and edgy. It's a mid-tone taupey plum with gold and silver shimmer. In some lights it appears quite brown and in others it looks close to purple. In any light the shimmer is metallic and eye-catching!


I applied two coats to create the opacity seen in these shots. The application was smooth and effortless and the wear has been great so far!

Here's a shot of Petra using flash, which shows off the metallic finish and purple undertones:


A shot of it under artificial lighting:


And how it looks in natural sunlight:




Overall, I've been thoroughly impressed with this formula and the unique, multi-faceted shade. Petra is one of the few nail colours in my collection that has me gazing dreamily at my tips all day! The shade is unlike any other in my stash and the wear time is impressive. Have no complaints, really!

Is Petra a shade that's up your alley? Have you tried any of the Marc Jacobs Enamoured High Shine Lacquers?

Thanks for reading! xo

49 comments:

  1. What an interesting color! It really does look different depending on the lighting.

    nentasfrivolity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Reminds me of the space collection from Orly (I don't know what it's called) but so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will have to check out the Orly collection :)

      Delete
  3. I still haven't tried any of MJ beauty products, shame on me. This one looks lovely, great color for a pre-festive mood :)!

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you should! This polish is definitely worth checking out :)

      Delete
  4. super cute colour ! ;D

    saralookbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this color! I keep seeing the Marc Jacobs stand in Sephora but I still haven't tried anything... I might have to cave next time I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just bought this Jen! Haven't put it on my nails yet but can't wait to as looks gorgeous on you!



    Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been really wanting to try these out. I must say the packaging looks amazing!
    http://makeupmonster77.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. holografic is so the ultra trend on nails this year :) Love the marc by marc one!

    attitudeunique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! It's trendy, but super unique! :)

      Delete
  9. Such a lovely colour, or colours! I don't normally splash out on nail varnish but this is so beautiful, I might pick the gel foundation up too ;)

    Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cornelia! This one is definitely worth the splurge :)

      Delete
  10. The Marc Jacobs make up line needs to make its way to Germany! This is another beautiful color.

    xoxo,
    Kate

    kateberlinsays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colour!
    I need to try some Marc Jacobs beauty...
    Its defiantly on my christmas wish list.
    Thanks for sharing :)
    TarteTanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! It's definitely wishlist worthy :)

      Delete
  12. Wow! Great colour!

    www.missysworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Jen, what a gorgeous shade you have here! I would be looking to my nails without stopping :D

    http://lazybluesundays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This was definitely one of those shades that had me gazing at my nails constantly :)

      Delete
  14. This colour is really pretty! Love the packaging too x

    www.totalmodisch.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ruby! Both the shade and packaging are really great :)

      Delete
  15. Very nice and unusual color, lovely review.
    Dusana :-)

    www.letnedni.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous!! After trying MJ Highliner and falling in love with it, I definitely wanna try more of the line!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! So many unique shades. Will have to check out the highlighter too :)

      Delete
  17. very very nice color... it's amazing ;) great post sweety. if u have pleasure..come to see my new post.. i will be so happy.. kiss
    NEW POST:http://honeyandcotton.org/2013/11/29/dark-look-glam-soul-itaeng/
    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Honeyandcotton-Fashion-Blogger/422547954496955?fref=ts
    BLOGLOVIN: http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6757331te
    G+:https://plus.google.com/108626334220279846676/

    ReplyDelete
  18. such a great color!
    wish you a wonderful weekend!

    <3
    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope your weekend is wonderful as well :)

      Delete
  19. how cool as Always! xoxo
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous color! I love Marc Jacobs and this site of yours! ♥ so informative

    Hope you check out mine too :D
    Michael Macalos
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michael! Will stop by your blog soon :)

      Delete
  21. i actually quite like the pebble shaped polishes they have. points for design mj.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, absolutely! Have never seen bottles quite like this :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)