FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 21 February 2013

Veracious Product Review: Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Frivole

Hi, lovelies! Today's product review hones in on a beautiful item that I'm super excited about. It's no secret that I'm a card-carrying blush fiend who fawns over a plethora of cheek colours, but once in a while a new blush emerges that instantly commands my attention. Like the strike of cupid's arrow, I'm immediately smitten.

Perhaps I'm being a bit dramatic, but there's no denying that Chanel Joues Cotraste Blush in Frivole is one of the most gorgeous products amidst a sea of freshly hatched Spring 2013 offerings.  Here's a peek at it:

Chanel Joues Contrast Blush in Frivole

Touted by Chanel as a "luminous apricot", Frivole is a highly warm-toned apricot peachy-coral with a nearly-matte, yet glowy finish. Springy, flirty, and bold!

As with all Chanel products, the packaging is sleek, classy, and luxurious:




The packaging also has a penchant for dust-collection, so my apologies for the dusty touches in the photos!

Now onto more pictures of the blush itself. It is housed in a mirrored compact with a small, included brush and a logo-embossed plastic dome to protect the product:


The blush itself is also dome-shaped, with a slightly veined pattern to it.


And for a closeup:


The blush photographed slightly darker and more orange than its true-to-life hue, but the swatches below are quite accurate! As you can see, the finish is mostly matte with a slight, non-shimmery glow. It is highly pigmented, but can be applied with a light hand for a softer look. I find it to be the perfect balance of boldness and sophistication! 

On the left, swatched heavily, and on the right, blended out:

Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Frivole (L) swatched heavily and (R) blended out against my NC15-20 skin tone 

And here are a few photos of me wearing the blush recently:





Here's a quick breakdown of my impressions:

Pros:

  • Highly pigmented, yet buildable colour
  • Unique, beautiful shade suitable for fair and deeper skin tones
  • Excellent staying power- sticks around all day!
  • Perfect for those who want a glowy, yet shimmer-free finish
  • Sleek, luxurious packaging
Cons:
  • At nearly $50 CAD, this is quite expensive!
  • Very warm-toned, so may not be suitable for those with strong cool, pink undertones in their skin

Overall, I am totally thrilled with this blush! The formula is top-notch and the shade is quite unique and so incredibly perfect for spring. Seriously- don't let the shade in the pan intimidate you! As the photos above demonstrate, it can be worn in quite a soft, demure way. Though, I'm sure I'll be amping up the colour next time I wear it- what else would any card-carrying blush fiend do? :)


Finally, my 100 Follower Giveaway wraps up in just one week! Make sure to check it out and submit your entry here!

Thanks for reading! xoxo

55 comments:

  1. This looks lovely on you, I love a good peachy blusher :) I might have to try it
    Rosalie x
    rosaliejayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rosalie! You should check this out for sure :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE THIS. That colour is so gorgeous and it looks amazing on you, really suits the eye make up and subtle lip colour. God, Chanel packaging is the cutest!

    http://www.youremyfavouriteflavour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty in love with it too! Thank so much :)

      Delete
  3. It suits your skintone so well! I love Chanel makeup, I have an eyeshadow of theirs that is just lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mali! Can't go wrong with Chanel :)

      Delete
  4. This is a GORGEOUS colour. Your photos of it are stunning. Really do it justice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Marvelle! This is definitely one of my new favourites :)

      Delete
  5. Wow this is so beautiful! It looks very pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I'm totally obsessed with this at the moment!

      Delete
  6. Really very nice beauty sharing such a lovely blog having Excellent content regarding skin issues. keep your good work dude.....
    Thanks:
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words, Alison! xoxo

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks! It really is stunning- even more so in person!

      Delete
  8. The color is stunning, and suits you perfectly!

    http://lookluisa.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Luisa! It really is a stunning shade :)

      Delete
  9. lovely pictures! that shade looks amazing against your skin

    www.marylee31.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary! I really have been loving this blush :)

      Delete
  10. So chich, even when it is finished I'd keep the packaging :)

    x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the packaging is definitely worth keeping- though I'm sure the blush will last forever!

      Delete
  11. omg i love the colour of the chanel blush, it looks gorgeous on you! :)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lauren! It really is a fantastic shade- you should check it out for sure! :)

      Delete
  12. Lovely blush, Jen! Thanks for following my blog! You're blog is lovely and I'm following back :) xx

    curlsandmindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for following! Means so much :)

      Delete
  13. Cute blog you have! I blog about skincare. I am following you now,hopefully you'd like to follow back :)

    lovebareskin.blogspot.com

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Adriana! will check out your blog for sure :)

      Delete
  14. Looks nice on you :)

    www.rebekasbeautyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely love Chanel products - although I've somehow never tried a blush.

    This looks very pretty on you x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Josie! Chanel blushes are definitely worth checking out :)

      Delete
  16. this looks so pretty on you! I've always been a bit weary about throwing down so much money for makeup but I LOVE blush! Definitely going to check out the Chanel counter this week!

    <3

    Niki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Niki! Glad I've inspired you to check it out :)

      Delete
  17. love it! looks very pretty on you, i wouldn't be able to pull it off though i'm too pale i think hah. also i heard some chanel products are sold for the same prices all over the world but in some countries you get less product! they rip people off sometimes lol! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlotte! I definitely think this would be ok for fair skin (my skin is pretty light!)- you'll just have to use a light hand :)

      Delete
  18. Ooh this looks gorgeous! I have been wanting to try Chanel makeup for so long... I have only tried the vitalumiere aqua foundation, and I found it just a little too scented for my liking! The blush looks fabulous :) xo, Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellie! Luckily the blushes aren't too heavily scented. You should check them out for sure! :)

      Delete
  19. Oh wow what an amazing blusher! xx

    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gemma! I've really been loving it!

      Delete
  20. Replies
    1. Thanks! It's definitely one of my favourite makeup items at the moment :)

      Delete
  21. Im loving brighter shades of makeup such as this at the moment, this looks super nice when blended out too :)

    abrunettesbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this blush is super versatile- can be worn soft and blended, or quite bright and vibrant. Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  22. You have flawless skin!
    Much Love;
    Kate xo

    www.and-kate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful!!! www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great post | blog and this blush looks amazing!

    Check out my blog sometime!!!

    Kendra
    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kendra! Will check out your blog for sure :)

      Delete
  25. that seems like a really nice colour;}x

    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)