FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Saturday 6 December 2014

Bitten by the Cyber Monday Bug: An FTB Beauty Haul!

It was my goal to stay strong in the face of the myriad of Cyber Monday sales this year, but when I saw that FTB Beauty was offering a 15% off discount site-wide on the day, I could not resist! Luckily, FTB offers a great selection of affordable brands, so I snagged several goodies for a steal. Plus, they ship same-day and offer free shipping on $50+ Canada-wide. No wonder it was hard to resist! As a bonus, I received the package only three days later and I was super eager to dig in. 



Batiste Instant Hair Refresh Dry Shampoo Original Scent
My first pick was a replenishment of my all-time favourite dry shampoo. Since finishing off a can of a few months ago, I've tried a few other formulas, but nothing quite compares (shout out to Lush's No Drought, though- also quite good!). Batiste's formula does a fantastic job at making my oily roots look clean and voluminous and the Original scent is extremely fresh and pleasant. Yes, this can leave a subtle white residue, but I find that it's brushed out quite easily!


Sigma HD Precision Brush
This is a fairly new offering from Sigma and a brush that I regret not picking up at IMATS. It is amazingly soft and offers the most unique shape. It's hard to tell from this photo (more thorough review to come), but it features a pointed top with flat, angled sides. I think this will be perfection for undereye concealer!


Real Techniques Your Eyes Starter Set
I am a huge devotee of this brand and of Pixiwoo's Sam and Nic who develop these incredible, affordable brushes (I was lucky enough to meet them last month!). While I own several face brushes from Real Techniques, I couldn't say the same for the eyes. I thought that this kit would remedy that perfectly! It offers five brushes that aim to perfect lids, brows, and beyond. 


Barry M. Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Watermelon
I almost blew a gasket when I spotted these at the FTB Pop-Up Shop over the summer, so of course was game to expand my collection. These polishes offer smooth, creamy colour with a shiny finish and a totally comprehensive range of shades. This time around, I opted for Watermelon, a cool-toned deep teal green. Unique, and so perfect for Fall/Winter!


NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler
I rarely reach for glosses, but I recently received one of these as a gift and I was instantly hooked! The texture is reach and smooth (no heaviness or stickiness) and the shades can be worn sheer or built up for a stronger punch. Plus, they smell of fresh, sweet vanilla! My pick this time was Peach Cobbler, a warm, bold coral pink. Totally my kind of shade!


Here are swatches of both Peach Cobbler and Watermelon applied heavily:

(L-R): NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler and Barry M. Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in Watermelon


And a couple of shots of me wearing Peach Cobbler. More of a summer shade, but I really don't mind. I love to sport corals year-round! 



This was my first online FTB Beauty order and it didn't disappoint! Their selection is fabulous, the shipping was ultra quick, and the Cyber Monday discount did not hurt one bit. Incredibly happy with everything so far!

Have you tried (or did I tempt you with) anything I hauled here? Did you score any deals on Cyber Monday?

Thanks for stopping by! xo

14 comments:

  1. Nice haul!! I love those RT brushes, and that's so cool you got to meet them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was such a thrill to meet them :)

      Delete
  2. That is a small but neat haul. I looooooove new brushes! Can you do a review on those when you get the chance to, please? I'd love to know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely plan to review the brushes! :)

      Delete
  3. damn it! i wish i knew lol i might have picked up some more sigma brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, next time I'll know to alert you! Wasn't sure if you'd want to be enabled ;)

      Delete
  4. I loveee the BarryM polish that you got - what a gorgeous shade!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many great finds!!! I love the look of your butter gloss!!!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I instantly fell for the gloss :)

      Delete
  6. Peach Cobbler is a lovely shade, it looks more coral on me though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's quite coral in the tube, but does take on more of a pink tone on me. Either way, it's super pretty :)

      Delete
  7. I love everything you got! That Barry M polish looks really unique. A lot of aquas are on the lighter side, but I like that it's a little darker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love a dark aqua for Winter :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)