FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Monday 30 November 2015

My Everyday Fall Face

Hi, everyone! Before Fall officially slips away, I thought I'd share with you the go-to makeup look I've been wearing this season. It features warm shades of eggplant, amber, peach, chocolate, and rose and is versatile enough that I can wear it to work as well as out for dinner or for a day of shopping. I guess that's why it's become my everyday makeup- can't argue with a look that's both versatile and flattering! 


For the eyes, I start with a creamy warm base. My go-to picks have been MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque or Clinique Chubby Stick for Eyes in Ample Amber. I'm wearing Ample Amber here- it really is a stunning burnt peach shade that doesn't crease at all on the lids. Then, for some definition, I apply a deeper brown shade in the crease and outer corners of the eyes. The one I've been reaching for most is ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in On the Rocks, a shimmery chocolate brown with gold and violet shimmer. To line the lids, I've found a new favourite. I was smitten with Trish McEvoy's 24-Hour Eye Shadow and Liner in Glamorous from the start (it's a killer warm eggplant shade), but had been finding it a bit awkward as a shadow. But as eyeliner, it really makes my eyes pop! Plus, it's creamy enough to smudge at first, then it set and stays all day

For the complexion, I've been going for a warm, natural finish. I've been reaching for YSL's Fusion Ink Foundation, which creates a lovely semi-matte finish with medium coverage and impressive wear time. The blush is a constant favourite from the past year, MAC's Modern Mandarin. It is the most stunning muted orange peach with a glowing satin finish. As for the highlighter, I typically reach for BeneFit Watt's Up, but ever since I picked up the Becca Champagne Glow Palette, it's been Champagne Pop adorning my cheekbones. For an extra touch of dew, I spritzed my face with Tatcha's Luminous Dewy Skin Mist. It's magic, I tell ya!

Finally, my preferred Fall lip is rich, warm, and pigmented, yet muted enough to sport at work. I've been totally loving Revlon's Matte Balm in Sultry as well as the one I'm wearing in this look, Beauty Is Life's Lipstick in Rose Natural. Loving the texture of this lippie, so I'm eager to snag more from this German brand next time I'm at Barney's



The Breakdown:

Foundation: YSL Fusion Ink Foundation in BR20 Pinky Beige
Concealer: Inglot Under Eye Concealer in Shade #95 (on dark circles) and Cle de Peau Concealer in Ivory (on redness and blemishes)

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Long-Wearing Pressed Powder in 011 Creamy Natural  (on t-zone) and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light (lightly all over)

Blush: MAC Satin Blush in Modern Mandarin
Highlighter: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop


Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe and Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel

Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original formula
Eye Shadows: Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in Ample Amber (all over lid, blended up to the crease), ColourPop Super Shock Shadow in On the Rocks (in the crease and outer corners of the eyes), and the Body Shop Colour Crush Eye Shadow in Oh, Honey (on the brow bone and inner corners as a highlight)

Eyeliner: Trish McEvoy 24-Hour Eye Shadow and Liner in Glamorous
Mascara: The HotShop Long Lash Mascara (from the Born Pretty Store)

Lipstick: Beauty is Life Lipstick in Rose Natural


 
And a few more shots of the look:




I really do love me a Fall makeup look- the rich, warm tones seem to work well with my complexion and create a look that's both colourful and sophisticated. My makeup choices tend to get softer and rosier when Winter rolls in, but for now I'll continue to sport a look like this one cus I'm not quite ready to channel icy eyes and frostbitten cheeks. Not just yet! 

What shades and makeup items do you use for your go-to Fall makeup look? What season is your favourite for makeup?

Have a wonderful week! :)

27 comments:

  1. what a pretty every day look! super chic!
    have a great week! xo
    Andrea
    www.phdfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous liner on you! This makes me almost wanna go somewhere cold now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! I'm pretty obsessed with the liner too :)

      Delete
  3. This look is so fresh! And the liner is gorgeous! My shades for fall are definitely warm ones, though I already wear winter makeup haha. Summer is my favourite season because I'm always much more inspired when it's sunny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the warm, sunny weather can definitely be inspiring! Thanks! xo

      Delete
  4. Mi piace l'effetto, sei sempre carinissima!
    http://piubuonepiubelle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I looked at the first picture I was like, "What is that eyeliner and where can I get it?" BEAUTIFUL. Also, you wear warm looks SO WELL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Trish McEvoy Glamorous is definitely my new favourite liner :)

      Delete
  6. I can see why this is a look you wear often! You look lovely. Warm tones suit you soooooo well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that blush! It's so beautiful with your skin tone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Modern Mandarin really is something special :)

      Delete
  8. Your go-to makeup look is so pretty. Glamorous is such a beautiful eyeliner, it really suits you and I need this eyeliner :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes, Glamorous really is fabulous- check it out for sure! xo

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love how you do your blush. Your everyday fall look is so gorgeous!

    -Alex
    A Northern Light

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving this 'Modern Mandarin' blush on you. I've never tried or even swatched this one at MAC before but it looks so glowy and beautiful and I think it'll be flattering on my skin tone too x

    -http://wildfirecharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Modern Mandarin is definitely worth checking out! xo

      Delete
  11. Ohh, that is such a gorgeous look, Jennifer! I have been using lots of bronzer to warm my face up but that's pretty much the one consistent thing I've been using throughout Autumn.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! A touch of bronzer in the Fall is the perfect way to hold onto a bit of summer warmth :)

      Delete
  12. This is such a great look Jen - you've just inspired me to re-create something similar for my office Christmas party! I love rich jewel tones and the eyeliner just pulls the look together ;-)

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! Let me know if you do/did re-create it. I'd love to see it! :)

      Delete
  13. Love the rich colour of the eyeliner - it's beautiful on your eye colour!

    Rebecca | morerebe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The eyeliner is my new favourite :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)