FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 3 November 2015

Look of the Day: Peanut Butter and Blueberries

Hi, everyone! Now that Halloween is over, I guess I'll have to return to "normal" makeup looks for the time being. While I kind of wish I could have sported my Egyptian Goddess look for days (thanks for all your kind words on that post, everyone!), I don't want to knock the power of a colourful, yet wearable daily makeup. Last month IMATS helped me to score the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Palette at a great price and I'm finally putting it to good use! 


Though the Semi-Sweet Palette is filled with beautiful chocolately neutrals, the shade that called out to me first was Blueberry Swirl, a stunning teal. I started the look by applying Blueberry Swirl all over my lid, concentrating the colour by my lash line and fading it up to the crease. To contrast the blue, I applied Peanut Butter, a matte ultra-warm mid-tone brown (love the name too!) in the crease, blending up to the brow bone. To smoke up the look a bit, I then reached for Cocoa Chili, a darker warm brown with gold shimmer, on the outer corners of my eyes, as well along my lower lash line. To finish the look, I added touches of Butter Pecan, a softly shimmery ivory, on my brow bone and inner corners of my eyes.

For the skin, I added luminosity with RMS Living Luminizer on the high points of my face and warmed up my cheeks with the ultra gorgeous Tom Ford Cheek Colour in Flush, a gently shimmery coral. For the lips, I reached for something cooler in tone, yet perfectly fitting for the sweet, candy theme: NYX's Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie. It's a beaut! 



Here's a shot of the Semi-Sweet Palette, highlighting the shades I used for this time around, followed by a full breakdown of everything I used for the look: 


The Breakdown:

Foundation: YSL Fusion Ink Foundation in BR20 Pinky Beige
Concealer: Inglot Under Eye Concealer in Shade #95 (on dark circles) and Cle de Peau Concealer in Ivory (on redness and blemishes)

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Long-Wearing Pressed Powder in 011 Creamy Natural  (on t-zone) and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light (lightly all over)

Blush: Tom Ford Cheek Colour in Flush
Highlighter: RMS Living Luminizer

Brows: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe and Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel

Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original formula
Eye Shadows: (From the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette): Blueberry Swirl (all over the lid), Peanut Butter (on the crease, blended upwards, Cocoa Chili (on outer corners blended into the crease), and Butter Pecan (on brow bone and inner corners as a highlight)

Eyeliner: (From the Chocolate Bar Palette): Licorice eye shadow (along upper lash line) and a mix of Cocoa Chili and Peanut Butter eye shadow (along lower lash line)
Mascara: The HotShop Long Lash Mascara (from the Born Pretty Store)

Lipstick: NYX Butter Lip Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie



And a couple more shots of the look:



My first play with the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette was super fun! Love how wonderfully the blue paired with the more subdued neutrals in the palette. Plus, the scent of the shadows is just as scrumptious as the shade names. Yes, it smells like chocolate, people! What's not to love? :)

Have you tried either of the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palettes? How do you pair bright shadows with neutrals?

Have a wonderful week :)

13 comments:

  1. Love the pop of blue on the lid - such a great pairing with the pink lips!

    Rebecca | morerebe

    ReplyDelete
  2. This palette never ceases to amaze me. Love the look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like you can keep churning out looks from this palette over and over again, and still rock it! The blue looks so lovely on you!

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another very pretty look! Love the juiciness of the lip color, goes well with the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely look! You look so beautiful (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bello il risultato, mi piace molto. Sempre molto bella!
    NEW POST
    piubuonepiubelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh, you look absolutely lovely, Jennifer! The pop of teal on your eyes is stunning and what a lovely way to wear colour eyeshadow too.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's such an amazing post! I like it! And already can't wait to see the new one!

    p.s. new post about how I met Victoria Beckham already on my blog

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pink lip colour with the blue in the eyeshadow! I have the original Chocolate Bar palette and love it but I'm still deciding on whether I need the Semi Sweet one! Heehee!

    xo Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blue shade looks so subtle and pretty on your eyelids. In the pan it looks really bright but it looks like it blends out really nicely. I also laughed out loud when I read the title of the post lol Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning look <3

    Check out my Sephora giveaway!
    http://abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)