The Cle de Peau Beaute Luminizing Face Enhancers come in frosted silvery gold boxes with shiny silver highlights. Quite sophisticated!
The highlighter compact comes in a soft suede pouch with the Cle de Peau logo on the bottom corner.
Upon removing the pouch, the most gorgeous compact is revealed. The top is textured and mirrored, like a multi-faceted gem or an icy treasure. It's really unlike any other compact in my collection!
The highlighters can be purchased on their own (stored in a plastic clam shell), but I decided to pick up the compact as well, as it is so stunning and (as you'll see below) includes quite a nice brush.
Even more unique that the compact is the product itself. As you can see, the Luminizing Skin Enhancers are multifaceted and feature a few distinct hues in a mosaic-like pattern. Seriously, have you ever seen a powder so beautiful?!
When you purchase the compact along with the highlighter, you also receive a mini brush designed to be used with the product. It's quite soft and is a very nice size for sweeping across targeted areas of the face.
Here is a closeup of the highlighter itself. The pattern and textures are quite intricate and there are four different hues in the mix. Shade #12 features portions of gold, peachy beige, soft ivory, and shimmery white.
This is what #12 looks like swatched on my inner arm, applied heavily, then more lightly. As you can see, it appears as a predominantly golden yellow tone with an icy shimmer throughout:
And here are a few shots of the Luminizing Skin Enhancer #12 on my cheekbones. I included multiple views to demonstrate that the finish varies slightly under different lighting and at different angles. At times it takes on a subtle sheen and, under brighter, direct light, there is more obvious sparkle.
And now for a full breakdown of the costs and benefits of this beaut of a highlighter:
- Gives a flattering glow that is not frosty nor overly glittery
- The texture is sheer, lightweight, and buildable, so you can add just a touch of glow or layer for more ka-pow!
- The formula wears evenly without fading for 10+ hours
- This does not accentuate the fine lines around my eyes unlike other highlighters I've tried (sorry, Mary Loumanizer)
- #12 gives a lovely golden warmth to the skin without being overly yellow
- The design of the product is beautiful and unique
- The compact is elegant, weighty, and sturdy without being too bulky
- This golden hue may not be as flattering on cooler-toned complexions (but there is a shade in the range with pretty pink undertones).
- Yeah, the price. Along with the compact, this was over $90 CAD. Silly, I know.
My overall verdict? This highlighter is gorgeous! From the packaging to the finish, every element of the Luminizing Skin Enhancer #12 is glamorous, yet elegant. Is this twice as good at $40 highlighters on the market? Not quite. Do you need to spend this much money for a sophisticated glow? Definitely not. But if you are looking for a luxurious highlighter with beautiful, unique packaging, a dreamy lightweight texture, and a subtle, illuminating sheen, look no further!
What's your favourite highlighter at the moment? What was your most recent beauty splurge?
Thanks for reading! :)