The NARS Audacious Lipstick range flaunts 40 shade choices(!) and promises bold, pigmented colour with a soft texture, a weightless feel with a satin finish, and saturated colour and full coverage with a single stroke. A tall order!
They are packaged in NARS' typical black cardboard boxes:
Upon opening the box, however, typical is thrown out the window. The Audacious Lipsticks come in lightweight metal rectangular tubes with the NARS logo etched onto the bottom (can you see it?). Not only is the tube incredibly sleek, it also snaps closed with the most satisfying magnetic click. Music to my lipstick-loving ears!
The bottom of the tubes feature the shade name and product weight:
The lipstick itself is presented in a stylishly molded bullet, with the NARS logo imprinted on the product. What a lovely touch!
The shade I chose was Grace, which NARS describes as a "bright pink coral". I'd label it as a vibrant coral-tinged rose that's just this side of red. Bold, but still quite feminine!
Everything about this shade is so up my alley. If you follow the blog, you'll know that I have a penchant for bright pinks. Give me a vivid pink lipstick, and I'm there! Despite this affinity, I can't say I have anything in my collection quite like it. The closest dupes in my stash are Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm in Unapologetic (slightly more orange/coral and a less shiny finish) and Chantecaille Lip Chic in Amaryllis (much more sheer and glossy).
I'd actually tried this shade on in Sephora on a few occasions, knowing from the very first swipe that Grace was certainly for me. Luckily, I was able to hold on until the VIB Sale to pick it up. It would be a stretch to say I had self-control when it came to this purchase, but I can definitely claim a healthy dose of patience!
Here's a swatch of Grace on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone)...
... and on my lips...
... and in the context of a completed makeup look!
|Excuse my sleepy eyes and wonky brows. I was fighting a cold and not at my best ;)|
I've already admitted that I've fallen for this lipstick, but here's a full list of my thoughts on NARS Audacious Lipstick in Grace:
- The claim of full, saturated colour in one stripe is really all that! A little goes a very long way. Lips seem coated with pigment instantly.
- While is isn't necessarily hydrating, it did smooth over my dry lips effortlessly! My pout was seriously chapped the day I snapped these photos, but you cannot tell one bit. My lips looked plump and dewy!
- Flattering satin finish that is neither too matte, nor too shiny
- This colour seriously lasted for hours! Wore quite well, even through a meal, and faded gracefully. No patchiness or dryness in sight!
- Despite the full-on pigmentation, this really does feel weightless on the lips!
- Grace is a perfect blend of bold and feminine. Bright, for sure, but also quite ladylike :)
- Sleek, chic packaging with that always-satisfying magnetic click closure
- The Audacious range is definitely not for those who prefer sheer colour. There is no way to wear these lipsticks except full-on!
- The price. At $37 CAD, these are most certainly a splurge.
And there you have it! As a lipstick fiend, it doesn't take much for me to add a new pick to my stash, but it does take an exceptional product to stand out among my collection. NARS Grace is just that- a true standout! The shade is stunning, the formula is divine, and the packaging is ultra sleek. Not a single complaint!
Have you tried any of the new NARS Audacious Lipsticks? What shades are your favourite? Have you discovered any new lipstick standouts lately?
Thanks for stopping by :)