This is my second annual Oscars makeup post (check out last year's here), where I feature my favourite beauty looks of the night and then invite you to vote for which look you'd like me to re-create in my next tutorial. Last March you gave me the exciting challenge of re-creating Adele's Oscar Look, which was so much fun. Now it's time for round two!
So here they are, my favourite makeup looks of the night! You can share your favourites and cast your votes in the comments section below: Who was your favourite and which makeup look would you like me to re-create?
1) Olivia Wilde. I was totally smitten with Olivia's mod-inspired look. Dramatic winged liner? A retro peachy lip? Luscious lashes? Glowy skin? Yes, please!
2) Kerry Washington. Another mother-to-be looking exquisite. Her skin was flawless and I absolutely loved the rich, vampy lipstick. The loose waves were stunning too!
3) Naomi Watts. Naomi always looks radiant on the red carpet, and Sunday night was no exception. I loved that she wore some colour on her lips and her warm shimmery shadow really brought out her eyes. Her bold brows were killer too!
4) Cate Blanchett. She can do no wrong in my books! Her skin is always perfection and the soft, peachy tones she typically opts for work so wonderfully with her alabaster complexion. During her acceptance speech, her warm, peachy blush really stood out. I want to know what shade she was wearing!
5) Penelope Cruz. I love that Penelope opted for a look that perfectly channeled Sophia Loren. Black feline liner, smokey copper shadow, sunkissed cheeks, and the perfect nude lip. Her makeup was done by the brilliant Charlotte Tilbury, so it's no surprise that the end result was stunning!
6) Emma Watson. Hermione is all grown up and she has some serious style! I've been loving her edgy, yet polished fashion choices lately, and this makeup look matches that feel so well. A softly smokey eye, lots of lashes, a subtly contoured nude cheek, and matte red lip. What's not to love?
7) Jessica Biel. I'm not always one to do cartwheels about Jessica, but wow, did she look flawless on Sunday! Her skin was completely glowing, her blush was dewy and fresh, and her brows were soft, yet sculpted. Who says a natural look can't be glamorous?
8) Kate Hudson. I've always thought Kate is a true stunner and last night's look was no exception! The focus was definitely on the eyes- smokey liner, a bold brow-, leaving the lips and cheeks nude and glowy. A fresh, modern take on old Hollywood glamour!
So there you have it! My top makeup looks from the 2014 Oscars! Would love to see your votes below:
Which of these looks would you like me to re-create in my next tutorial? Who wore your favourite beauty look of the night?