FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Feeling Halloweeny

As October marches on, the more I start daydreaming about Halloween. It's always been one of my favourite holidays, and although I'm well beyond the trick-or-treating days, I still get a huge kick from dressing up and watching others get in the spirit. When else can you adopt a completely different persona without being labelled a con-artist or having multiple personalities? ;)

That said, I really have no idea what I'm going to dress up as this year! I love a costume that lets me play around with makeup (of course!), particularly makeup looks I normally wouldn't wear, but something that goes beyond the typical princess or cat (mouse? bunny?) look.

Last year I went as the devil. I thought it would be mildly ironic, since I'm pretty sweet and innocent as things go (hopefully most of my acquaintances would agree ;). Although I probably struggled at donning a fully evil demeanor, I was pretty happy with how the makeup turned out!


To embody the prince (princess?) of darkness, I opted for a deep, sculpted eye (using Chanel Illusion d'Ombre cream eye shadow in Mirifique), harshly contoured red cheeks (using MAC Powder Blush in Frankly Scarlett), and a mix of red and black lipsticks (Chanel Rouge Allure in Lover and a random dollar store Halloween black lipstick). Some might say that the devil wears Prada, but in this case she wore Chanel!

Here are a few views of the look:




Extra spooky!



Bonus points if you can identify who's in my locket. I brainstormed about what individuals the devil might have secretly tucked away, close to his heart, and these were the two I decided on ;)

And a picture of the entire costume:



So overall, I'm trying to get inspired from last year's costume while at the same time attempting to come up with something totally different. Not an easy task! I'd love to hear your ideas for what I should be for Halloween this year!

What are you all planning to be this year? Any costumes that involve fun makeup?

25 comments:

  1. WOW! You are seriously talented! This is such a great costume and the makeup really tops it off. Well done!

    http://abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Erica! It really was a fun costume to put together :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome look! I wish Australians celebrated Halloween more!

    http://kitschsnitch.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat! I didn't realize Halloween wasn't such a big deal in Australia. Hopefully there are still some fun costume parties where you get to dress up sometimes :)

      Delete
  3. You look amazing! Perfect costume for Halloween!

    Follow you now and it would be great if you follow me too!

    Kisses from Hong Kong,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nicole! Just started follwing you :)

      Delete
  4. Great costume! I really like the way your makeup turned out! :)

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete


  5. Love this costume and your blog is just awesome
    Following u,please follow back to keep in touch through comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll check out your blog for sure :)

      Delete
  6. haha you did an amazing job! :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the makeup! The red lipstick is really amazing! :D

    Oh I would like you and your readers to come join us in fun events organized by our Bloggers Against Social Injustice committee & also at the same time do your part and spread the words of a good cause.

    We are the new Bloggers Against Social Injustice network for fashion bloggers to come together to make this world a better place.

    You can let the unheard voices be heard by a click away! :D

    Website: http://bloggersagainstsocialinjustice.blogspot.com
    Facebook: Click here for our Facebook
    Twitter: Click here for our Twitter

    I hope to see you there! :)
    Cassandra
    backtofive.blogspot.com
    Bloggers Against Social Injustice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cassandra! I'll check out your site for sure :)

      Delete
  8. Cool makeup for Halloween!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking amazing..I also love to dress in Halloween...It is the best occasion for me to get dressed in a funky way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I agree- Halloween is the best time to be extra creative with makeup and costumes :)

      Delete
  10. I love this! I love how vibrant the cheeks are, they really pop and add fierceness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marvelle! The bright red contoured cheeks were really fun to do. Definitely a makeup look I wouldn't wear outside of Halloween :)

      Delete
  11. Amazing look! The eye makeup for Halloween is awesome.

    clip in hair extensions human hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and for reading!

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)