FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Sephora VIB Holiday Bonus Haul

Hi, everyone! Sephora has been a bit more liberal with their sales of late (not the exciting anomaly as in past years), but I was still looking forward to their recent Holiday Bonus VIB Sale. I had not purchased anything from Sephora since baby was born, so I had a great deal of fun putting together a wishlist and editing my shopping cart for several days before the sale began. In the end, I purchased a tailored selection of goodies, with a couple staples and a few fun treats. 


My first pick was the Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask ($59 CAD), a recent cult favourite of the beauty world. I was drawn to the brand because of its place in the Clean at Sephora range (vegan and free of harmful ingredients like parabens, sulfates, and mineral oil) and to this mask in particular due to its promise of hydration, plumping, and brightening. With the harsh winter months ahead, this sounded like a perfect concoction! I also appreciate that you can use this as a quick mask for an instant skin perfecting boost (perfect before a holiday party, perhaps?) or as an overnight mask. I've tried it a couple times already and I've woken with plump, glowing skin both times!

My next pick was the Bumble and Bumble Brilliantine ($29 CAD). I think this is my fourth of fifth tube of this. I'm not a hair styling connoisseur and am generally fickle with hair products, so my dedication to this says a lot. It's an oil-based styling creme that gives my wavy hair just the perfect amount of definition and frizz control without looking greasy or weighed down. It's a fool-proof finishing touch when I want to wear my hair down and I never want to be without it! 

I also purchased another eternal favourite, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Taupe ($30 CAD). I have been using this brow product for over a decade now and it's by far the best I've tried for my super sparse brows. It allows me to shape and define my brows in such an effective, yet natural way (most people I meet have no idea my brows are so puny IRL) and has a formula that wears all day long (my brows never melt off, not even during my sweatiest of yoga classes). It takes a bit longer to apply than a brow pencil (I use an angled brush), but the result is so worth it for me. And Taupe is such a perfect shade match! 

I purchased one palette from Natasha Denona a few years ago and had since been contemplating which to buy next. In the end, it was the Mini Star Eyeshadow Palette ($30 CAD) that lured me in. It's small but mighty, with a pretty, unique range of matte neutrals and metallic blue, champagne, and antique gold. I think I'll also be pulling this out quite a bit around the holidays. 

My final pick was the Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Out Loud ($28 CAD). I'd received this recommendation when I'd asked for the best burnt orange lipstick shade out there. When I got this tip I knew I had to follow through because I love the Always On formula. It applies smoothly, doesn't dry out my lips, and wears off in an even, flattering way. I'm so glad I picked it up because it really is a beautiful lipstick for Fall! A unique deep orange brown that is also wonderfully wearable. 


In the end, I was happy with my small(ish) selection of goodies. They will all get much love and attention throughout the Fall and upcoming holiday season! 

Did you take advantage of any of the recent Sephora sales? Have I tempted you with any of my picks?

Thanks for stopping by! xo



4 comments:

  1. Great picks! I love that Natasha Denona mini palette! The Summer Fridays mask sounds great but I think it contains Shea Butter, which is a no-no for my skin! xx

    Beautylymin | Pat McGrath Lipstick Trio Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, shea butter is hit and miss for me but so far the mask has been great! Glad you're loving the ND palette too :)

      Delete
  2. That eyeshadow palette looks amazing and I know every shade is going to be pure fire on you!

    Wendy | Fashionable Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful products



    ----------------------------------
    I work in holief.com

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)