FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Friday 20 April 2018

Shoppers Optimum Haul: Nothing Beats Free Chanel

Hi, everyone! Last weekend Shoppers Drug Mart had one of their Spend Your Points events where your Optimum points get to stretch a little further. The deal was that, if you had at least 50,000 points, you got an extra 25% value on your points, which I thought was a pretty great deal! I found myself with about 140,000 points (regularly worth $140, which is pretty sweet on its own), but with the promotion I now had around $175 to burn. 

As Shoppers has gotten quite good at sending along relevant coupons and deals, I do my very best to bulk up my Optimum points by buying the basics: shampoo, cat food, toilet paper and other boring necessities so that when events like last weekend's pop up, I can shamelessly spend my points on some luxury. I've always had a tendency to redeem my points on Chanel makeup, as there are few things more satisfying than scoring high-end makeup for free. I had not purchased any Chanel in ages, so I went full tilt. 

With my points balance and the promo, the entire haul below cost $5 plus taxes. No complaints here! 



I ended up choosing two products I'd loved and finished in the past and two new-to-me goodies that looked gorgeous. 


The first item I chose was Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation in 10 Beige ($52 CAD). I went through a bottle of this a couple years ago and was kind of unsure why I hadn't repurchased it before because it's amazing. The texture is light and fluid and blends into skin like a dream. The finish is matte, but not flat and the wear time is fantastic. The coverage is perfectly medium and the shade is an excellent match. Yes, it has alcohol and fragrance in the formula (which usually bother my skin), but for some reason this doesn't irritate my complexion one bit. Can't say anything bad about this one! 



Next up I chose Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Stick Blush No24 ($53 CAD). I love the way the Les Beiges range offers shades and formulas that are ultra flattering and wearable and give an ultra-subtle glow. Reviews of this suggested that this product was no exception and, going into maternity leave, I'm all about makeup products that will help keep me looking alive, effortlessly. 


The Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Sticks come in handy twist up packaging and are a similar size to NARS Multiples (slightly longer and sleeker). Shade No 24 is a gorgeous apricot peach with a sheer, but buildable formula and a glowing, luminous finish. There is visible shimmer in the stick but this is very subtle on the skin. 



I'd had been curious about the brand's newer Ombre Premiere eye shadow ranges and I ultimately chose Longwear Cream Eyeshadow in Pourpre Profond ($40). I selected this in a similar spirit of quick and easy, but opted for a shade that was a bit smokey and sultry. Pourpre Profond is a warm reddened deep bronze with subtle plummy undertones that I thought would be perfect for summertime. The formula is quite dry but applies smoothly. I actually really like the small, dense brush that comes with the product- it's great for a full-on pigmented finish. I've worn this once so far and I can agree with the claim in the name- the wear time is great! 



My final pick was the Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Eros ($35). I love the formula of these liners. They are so creamy and apply effortlessly and then set and truly wear all day. I actually finished a liner in Eros in the past, as it's the most unique and flattering cranberry red that works really nicely with my brown eyes. When I first bought it it was part of a limited edition collection, so I was glad to see it's been made permanent! 



Here are swatches of the liner, blush, and shadow: 

(L-R): Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof in Eros, Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour Stick Blush in no.24, Ombre Premiere Longwear Cream Eyeshadow in Pourpre Profond

I'm fully smitten with the items and I chose and the fact that they were (almost) free makes them extra sweet.

Did any of you take advantage of the Shoppers Optimum Points event last weekend? Any current faves from Chanel

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great weekend :)


11 comments:

  1. I never shop at Shoppers, wish I know how to use the Optimum points, I always see you getting amazing deals!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so worth it- especially if you sign up for personalized coupons, which make it pretty easy to build up points!

      Delete
  2. I love love this Chanel haul! And for $5 too :) Great picks!

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steph! I'm enjoying everything so far :)

      Delete
  3. Free Chanel? Wowsers! I love the look of the eyeshadow & stick product xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll never complain about free Chanel! Both the cream shadow and blush are lovely :)

      Delete
  4. Amazing Chanel haul! I love collecting my shoppers points and picking up quality products for next to nothing! However, when they switched to PC points, I stopped collecting for a bit until I finally (this week) set up my PC app! I just missed the 25% event - will catch the next one though! :)

    https://covetedbeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be easy to catch up! I'm glad to switch to PC wasn't too big a hassle.

      Delete
  5. Such a great haul! You got such a good deal! I love the shades you picked. They are gorgeous!

    ahintofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lupe! I'm loving them all :)

      Delete
  6. Good products.






    ------------------------------
    I work in https://holief.com/

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)