FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Wednesday 15 July 2015

Veracious Product Review: Nudestix Bronzing Pencil in Terra/Brown Sugar

Hi, everyone! As a fairly pale gal who likes to stay out of the sun, using a bronzer in the summertime is a must. That said, anything that leaves me blotchy or orange is completely out of the question. So when Nudestix offered to send along their brand new Bronzing Pencil** my way, I was definitely interested! Nudestix's wheelhouse is creating soft, wearable, sheer nude products, so I was hopeful that their bronzer would leave me looking like a naturally sunkissed summer goddess. Too much to ask for? ;) 


Nudestix promises that their Bronzing Pencils** offer a natural, lightweight, and waterproof formula that creates a warm, beachy glow effortlessly. 

The Bronzing Pencils**, like all other goodies from the brand, come housed in lightweight metal containers along with a handy mirror, full instructions, and a sharpener that's a perfect fit for Nudestix pencils. 



The pencils are dual-ended, with one side offering a deeper shimmer shade and the other, a lighter matte option. Nudestix suggests that the shimmery end can be used as a complexion highlighter as well as an eye shadow, while the matte shade is designed to both contour and bronze the skin. 


There are two Bronzing Pencil shade options and I was sent the darker of the two. The shimmery shade in this duo is called Brown Sugar. It's a warm, mid-tone luminous coppery bronzy brown. The matte shade of the duo is Terra, a creamy, warm golden brown. 



Here is the Bronzing Pencil duo swatched on my inner arm (MAC NC15 skin tone), with Terra on the left and Brown Sugar on the right. As you can see, both are quite pigmented and there is a noticeable difference between the matte and shimmery finishes: 


Now to see the Bronzing Pencil in action! Here are how things looked before blending- like a work of abstract art! I applied Terra, the matte shade, along my cheekbones and up towards my temples, as well as along my jawline, as a contour, while I swept Brown Sugar, the shimmery shade, on the apples of my cheeks and on my lids for some warm and glow. 


And here are a couple shots of things all blended out! As you can see, they give definite warmth and definition to my complexion. 



And here is the Terra/Brown Sugar Bronzing Pencil in the context of a completed makeup look! I've applied just a touch of the Lipstick Queen Oxymoron Matte Gloss in Free Ride on the apples of my cheeks. Otherwise, all other colour on my complexion is from the Bronzing Pencil



And finally, a full breakdown of the ups and downs of this unique product:

Pros:

  • The inclusion of both matte and shimmery shades makes this extremely versatile and allows you to customize your look
  • Creamy, easy to apply texture that blends like a dream! 
  • These can be worn quite sheerly or built up for more intensity
  • I have not tested the waterproof claim, but these wear well without fading or creasing for at least 7-8 hours!
  • Packaging is incredibly handy, compact, and lightweight- perfect for carrying in your handbag!
  • At $28 CAD, I find this to be a great value, especially given that 2 shades are included!
Cons:
  • I find the matte shade here (Terra) to be much too warm to be used as a contour shade, but it works wonderfully as a matte bronzer!
  • As both shades in this duo are quite warm, they might not look natural on very fair or cool-toned complexions

Overall, this product is a real winner! Due to my oily skin, I rarely reach for creamy bronzers and contour products, but I have been using this duo on the regular because it's just so handy! While the tones from the Terra/Brown Sugar duo are slightly deep for my complexion, the blendability of the formula makes them incredibly wearable and flattering. And the wear time really is great! This product has truly rendered me a cream bronzer convert and has lived up to my naturally bronzed goddess hopes :)

To read more about the Nudestix Bronzing Pencils**, check out the brand's site, here!

Have you tried anything from Nudestix? Are you a cream or powder bronzer type of gal?

Thanks for dropping by! xo


** This product was sent to me from Nudestix for consideration and review. All opinions expressed in this post are authentic and 100% my own. 

20 comments:

  1. I like how rich & creamy the formula looks. I've never heard of Nudestix before but the product sounds very promising. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super creamy, yet wears very well! Nudestix is so worth checking out :)

      Delete
  2. I like the idea of Nudestix, but I wonder if it's too advanced for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they're so, so easy to use! They blend like a dream :)

      Delete
  3. wow, the color and pigment is a lot more than i expected. Love it.

    xx Falasha

    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pigmentation looks incredible! I think it'd be a little bit too warm for me as a contour as well but they actually make such great eyeshadow shades from the look of it xx

    Love and Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, warm for a contour, but wonderful as a bronzer and eye shadow :)

      Delete
  5. I'm receiving one of their eye pencil in my ipsy bag and I am so excited! This brand has gotten really good reviews so if the eye pencil is good then I might invest in more of their products.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their metallic eye colours are incredible! Hope you love it :)

      Delete
  6. I've been thinking of purchasing Nudestix pencils for a while! I find their concept to put everything in a pencil format genius! I mean, you can't get any more convenient than that. ;) These bronzing ones look natural and believable on you but I have a nagging feeling that they might be too orange-y gold on me. I'll check to see if they have more options available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are so convenient and easy to wear! There is another shade option in the bronzing range that might be a bit more neutral :)

      Delete
  7. I usually feel that bronzer looks weird on my really pale complexion, but this looks lovely! I'm surprised at how easy it blended out! I would have assumed it would have been hard to blend out. I've eyed some Nudestix products here and there, but never got around to trying anything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really blends so effortlessly- the brand is so worth checking out! Their metallic eye colours are my fave ;)

      Delete
  8. Very pretty Jen! I love the idea of the packaging! It's great that they include a sharpener with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ultra handy and so easy to use! :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)