FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Monday 10 November 2014

Look of the Day: FLOWER Power

Hi, everyone! Hope you all had a fantastic weekend. If you read my previous post, you'll know that I recently picked up my very first products from FLOWER Beauty, a line of wonderfully affordable and cruelty-free makeup designed my Drew Barrymore. My preliminary impressions were resoundingly positive and, after teasing you with swatches, I thought I'd give you a glimpse of how these products perform in the context of an entire makeup look!


The first product featured is the Kiss Me Twice Lip & Cheek Chubby in Rosie Posie. It comes in a cute, handy twist-up chubby pencil format and is the most gorgeous shade of neutral mauve pink. I applied it to the apples of my cheeks, blending upward towards the temples. It blended like a dream and really mimicked my natural flush perfectly! I also applied Rosie Posie on my lips. At first, I found the colour a bit flat. But as I layered it, it came to give a semi-matte mauvey hue that was totally flattering and much in line with the '90s-inspired lips that seem to be everywhere at the moment. 


The eyes were all about FLOWER Beauty Colour Play Creme Eye Shadow in Flirty Floret, a lightweight mousse-like shadow in a stunning warm coppery bronze hue. I applied Flirty Floret all over my lid, blending up to the crease. I also smudged it along my lower lash line for some extra smoke. On the centre of the lid, I topped it with Urban Decay Eye Shadows in Buzz and Trick from the Naked 3 palette for some extra sparkle and dimension. I finished things off with a touch of brown liner and tons of black mascara, and that was it!


Here's a closeup of the eye look and blush colour, followed by a full breakdown of everything I used:


The Breakdown:

Foundation: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet in B10
Concealer: BeneFit Fake-Up in Light (under eyes) and MAC Select Cover-Up NC20 (on blemishes and redness)
Powder: Soap & Glory One Heck of a Blot (lightly on t-zone) and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light (all over)

Highlight: BeneFit Watt's Up (on cheekbones and bridge of nose)

Blush: Flower Beauty Kiss Me Twice Lip & Cheek Chubby in Rosie Posie


Brows: Chantecaille Waterproof Brow Definer in Ash Blonde topped with Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Taupe and Tinted Brow Gel in Caramel
Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion Original Formula
Eye Shadows: Flower Beauty Colour Play Creme Eye Shadow in Flirty Floret (all over the lid, blended up to the crease and along lower lash line) topped with and Urban Decay Buzz and Trick eye shadows from Naked 3 (on inner two thirds of the lid)

Eyeliner: Clinique Quickliner Intense in Intense Chocolate
Mascara: BeneFit They're Real!

Lips: 
Flower Beauty Kiss Me Twice Lip & Cheek Chubby in Rosie Posie

And a few more shots of the look:






So there you have it! When it comes to FLOWER Beauty, so far it's nothing but true love. The textures of Rosie Posie and Flirty Floret are both totally dreamy (read: blendable, buildable, and long-wearing) and the shades are ultra flattering with my complexion. Rosie Posie gives the perfect natural flush to the cheeks, while achieving an understated, yet stunning mauve lip. As cream eye shadows go, Flirty Floret is perhaps the best I've tried. It offers such a warm, rich tone of bronze, feels incredibly lightweight, and truly lasts all day! 

Typically, falling head over heels for a new brand of makeup comes with some sort of disclaimer relating to the need to hide my wallet. Luckily with FLOWER Beauty, this is not the case! Super eager to try more from the brand and it's an extra bonus that I won't be breaking the bank in the process :)

Are these shades that you would wear? Have you tried anything from FLOWER Beauty?

Thanks so much for stopping by! xo

49 comments:

  1. That blush really looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's one of my new favourite shades :)

      Delete
  2. you look wonderful, that blush looks so fresh and lovely!
    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha, these colors are so you and i like the eyes you made here. i didn't know the line was cruelty free! it looks good so far but i probably won't check it out. nothing super calling out to me .


    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we ever find ourselves at Wal-Mart, I'll try to convince you ;) It's super nice!

      Delete
  4. love love love this look... especially your eyes :)

    Ash,
    www.AshleyTamarra.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look is beautiful! The blush looks incredibly pigmented. Will check it out! Buzz and Trick are gorgeous combined together! And I must say your lashes look incredible with Benefit They're Real!

    Alexandra
    Glam O’Clock | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much! The blush sticks are definitely worth checking out :)

      Delete
  6. I love the look, but probably the EYES most of all! You wear virtually every color well, but I really love warm ones on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sunny! I'm a huge sucker for ultra warm, bronzy shadows :)

      Delete
  7. yeay! so happy to keep up with your blog dear! ^_^
    Have a great day ♥

    New post on the blog sweetie!
    http://michaelmacalos.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this makeup! It's really pretty on you :)

    x vonyll
    http://pinupgalore.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that blush - such a fresh look!


    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deniz! It's one of my new favourite blushes :)

      Delete
  10. I've never tried any Flower Beauty stuff, but your rave of the eyeshadow is making me want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should really check it out! Great product selection and the price is right :)

      Delete
  11. i am such a sucker for a lip + cheek product! PS love love love this eye look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, very pretty, your skin is perfect. *__*
    Wish you a nice week...

    ReplyDelete
  13. wowowowow! Stunning, darling, stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Louise! You're too sweet :)

      Delete
  14. I love the look you created, I can't wait to try this brand x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This look is so beautiful! The colors look more "spring" to me, but that cheek color would look great too as a natural wintry flush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, definitely a pretty winter flush shade :)

      Delete
  16. I've never even heard of FLOWER Beauty but you look amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very lovely makeup. Hope you have an awesome day ahead! xx

    Kenny,
    WHATKENNYHEARTS.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, youre lashes are amazing!
    xoxo

    I'd love if you come by and visit my blog as well:
    http://kiwi-who.de.vu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! BeneFit makes some amazing mascara :)

      Delete
  19. Love this makeup
    would you like to follow each other ?
    I'll follow back after it

    Www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. your so pretty luv
    http://www.islandchic77.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the look especially the lips! What a perfect neutral! Flower beauty had been flooding my blog lovin and can't wait to check the line out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The brand is definitely worth checking out :)

      Delete
  22. Beautiful as always. Your skin looks so dewy and bright! I love the Benefit Fake Up concealer, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Megan! Yeah, I'm almost finished my second tube of Fake-Up. Really does the job :)

      Delete
  23. I love the makeup here. The eye look goes so well with the lipstick, I also like that you used a brown liner. :)

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)