FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Thursday 27 June 2013

Nail of the Day: Mary Kay Gold Leaf

Hi, everyone! Seems like it's been ages since my last post- I apologize for  my absence. Have been out of town visiting and celebrating with friends and family, which was an incredible blast! But now I'm back in Toronto for the rest of the summer and ready to be a blogging machine :)

Today's featured nail polish was a lovely gift from a friend and a shade unlike any other in my collection. While I'm super partial to gilded tones in many makeup products, my nail polish collection was completing lacking a proper golden shade. Enter Mary Kay Nail Lacquer in Gold Leaf.


I'm pretty sure this was the first Mary Kay product I've ever tried and I have to say I was super impressed! Gold Leaf is a warm, mid-tone, classic gold with ever-so-slight olive undertones and a highly metallic finish.

It comes in a round, elegant-looking bottle with a frosted, reflective cap. It photographs nicely!



With the help of Revlon's base and top coats, Gold Leaf applied incredibly smoothly and evenly. It took 2 thin coats to achieve rich colour and full opacity. Not too shabby! Any flaws in the manicure are definitely due to my rushed technique and the rough shape of my nails. No fault of the polish! The formula really was top-notch.

Here are a few more shots of me wearing it, under various lighting:





Overall, I was so pleased with this thoughtful little gift; Gold Leaf really is the perfect summery gold! It's a treat to have it in my collection. May have to give other Mary Kay polishes a go!

Are you drawn to gold nail polish during the summertime? What are some of your favourite gold shades for nails?

Thanks for reading! xo

25 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I've never heard about Mary Kay polishes but it looks great on you!

    Ellie | Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ellie! They're a smaller Canadian brand and this was the first thing I'd ever tried from them. I'm definitely impressed! xo

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous colour :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colour! I love the golden hues for summer - my mom owns one Chanel, but I don't know which shade it is, so I'm rocking that one whenever I can get my hands on it :).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, can't go wrong with Chanel! Nice that you can borrow it from your mom :)

      Delete
  4. I like gold nail polish :-) This one looks a lot like a lacquer I have from Dior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been loving golds for summer! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely colour, perfect for summer!

    Kathryn x
    enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this nail color!!

    *Besos*

    http://www.cmichellestyles.com
    Instagram: Cmichellestyles

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful gold! If you'd like a more sparkly, yellow-toned gold, Model's Own Gold Rush is a favourite of mine :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! So wish we had Model's Own here in Canada :)

      Delete
  8. Such a glamorous nail lacquer :)

    www.lornasfabulousfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorna! It does make me feel glamorous :)

      Delete
  9. I'm such a sucker for anything gold. I swear I feel like Goldmember something, I just love gooooooold. haha. Great color, thanks for sharing. :)

    Laura
    www.lauraneuzeth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, nothing wrong with that! Thanks for stopping by, Laura! xo

      Delete
  10. I love gold nail polish, this one really looks amazing!

    Christina xx
    http://christinathorup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina! It's one of my new favourites :)

      Delete
  11. Love this nailpolsih, great color!

    purple--flamingo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these gold tones for Summer!! :)


    xx, Sandra @ Blasfemmes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sandra! Gold was never one of my favourite shades, but I've totally been loving this one :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)