FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Saturday 26 November 2016

MAC Shadescents Collection Info

Hi, everyone! I hope you've all survived the perils and victories of Black Friday and that you're now sitting cozily with your new goodies (or maybe still with a turkey hangover?). I'd say that now might be a bad time to enable you to shop further, but hey- it's my perpetual duty, so I'm going to enable away! 

We all know that MAC never lacks for new, limited edition releases, but every couple months or so they put forth a collection that totally grabs me. The latest on this list is the Shadescents launch- a colourful, fragrant collection that pairs some of the brand's most iconic lipstick shades with new, corresponding perfumes. Such a neat idea! 



The collection includes six perfumes, each with packaging and fragrance notes that mirror the iconic lipstick hue that inspired it. It also features the corresponding lipsticks in special limited edition packaging, also mirroring the lipstick shade itself. Here's what MAC has to say about the release:

"Scent and lips create irresistible chemistry with M·A·C Shadescents, six new perfumes inspired by our most iconic Lipstick shades."

Pricing

Fragrances- $67 CAD
Lipsticks- $21 CAD



The fragrance and lipstick pairings are: 

"Candy Yum-Yum conjures tropical fruit and cotton candy" to complement its matching lipstick described as "neon pink"




"Crème d’Nude evokes the vibrant sexiness of naked skin" to complement its matching lipstick described as a "pale muted peach beige"




"Notes of saffron, incense smoke, and cordovan leather surprise and intoxicate in My Heroine" to complement its matching lipstick described as a "bright purple"




"Lady Danger thrills with notes of wild cherry" to complement its matching lipstick described as a "vivid bright coral red"



"Ruby Woo goes bold with whiffs of deep red leather" to complement its matching lipstick described as a "very matte vivid blue-red"




"Velvet Teddy calls forth wild honey and creamy musk" to complement its matching lipstick described as a "deep tone beige"



The collection inspires you to find your perfect scent and colour match- so which is your pick?

Which Shadescent are you?
#IAmRubyWoo
#IAmCremedNude
#IAmMyHeroine
#IAmCandyYumYum
#IAmLadyDanger
#IAmVelvetTeddy

Shadescents will launch online in the U.S. and Canada on November 30th and at counters December 8th.

I personally can't wait to check out this collection in-store! Lady Danger and Heroine are two of my all-time favourite lipsticks, so having a matching fragrance would be super neat! Or maybe I'll fall for Velvet Teddy or Ruby Woo, lipsticks that have long been awaited in my stash.

Are any of these fragrance and lipstick pairings tempting you?

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend! xo


8 comments:

  1. I'm very intrigued by these! Will have to have a sniff! xx

    Beautylymin| Urban Decay Bundle Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! So cool that they created perfumes inspired by lipstick- right up my alley! :)

      Delete
  2. i was actually /really/ interested in these. as far as composition, they probably won't be that nuanced. its hard to make a truly high quality when you're not a dedicated fragrance company BUT that doesn't mean it won't be good. i would love to sniff them all. Ruby Woo's deep leather seems interesting. leathers can turn to this sort of wet rubber smell somethings...so we'll see how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't expect them to be the most sophisticated scents ever, but they still fascinate me in terms of mirroring the lipstick shade. Any scent with hints of leather tempts me too!

      Delete
  3. Wow, such an awesome collection. Thanks for sharing it.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to check it out! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to give these a sniff when they reach the MAC counters. I'm especially curious about My Heroine and Velvet Teddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I own Heroine and Lady Danger, so I'm hoping I like either of those scents so I can make a proper pair :)

      Delete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)