Today I'm featuring the two Unicorn Lipsticks I selected, which are both fun and bold, yet totally wearable. Let's delve in!
The Unicorn Lipsticks are currently housed in 6th Anniversary limited edition packaging, which is to die for! The boxes are silvery with a holographic rainbow-like effect and are dotted with stars and unicorns. The box also includes a full ingredient listing, which is always very much appreciated!
The tubes are completely unlike any other lipsticks I own. They posses a similar bullet-like shape to that of MAC lipsticks, but that's where the similarities end. They're made of sturdy lilac-toned plastic and, like the boxes, are adorned with silver stars and unicorn heads. How magical!
The first shade I selected was Retrofuturist. Lime Crime describes it as a "vibrant red", which can't really be argued with. It leans slightly cool, which makes it a perfect Hollywood style red (hence the "retro"), yet has an amazing glossy, nearly metallic finish, that makes it quite modern (or, "futurist"?). It really leaves my lips looking full and shiny and is a lovely balance between brash and classic. It can easily lean either way, depending on the rest of your makeup!
Here it is in the tube:
|Lime Crime Unicorn Lipstick in Retrofuturist|
|Line Crime Unicorn Lipsticks in (L-R): Retrofuturist and My Beautiful Rocket|
The second lipstick I chose is a unique hue with an equally distinct name, My Beautiful Rocket. It's described as a "vibrant orange", which, again, is pretty spot-on. It's a true yellow-toned orange, with no hints or red or coral in sight. It is quite bright, but just shy of neon. The yellow undertones mute it slightly and truly make this different from any other shade in my stash. It also has a slightly glossy finish that gives a lovely fullness to the lips.
Here it is in the tube:
And on my lips and in the context of an entire makeup look:
Overall, I have absolutely no complaints about these lipsticks! Here's a full breakdown of my thoughts:
- Extremely pigmented, saturated colour. A little goes a long way!
- Overall, a quite long-wearing formula. Stays put for over 6 hours without having to touch up.
- Not too slick, not too drying. Feels quite comfortable on the lips!
- The subtle sheen in this formula really leaves my lips looking full and plump
- At $18 USD, these aren't a steal, but are still decently priced, in my opinion
- Adorable, unique packaging that always makes me smile
- Vegan and cruelty-free formula, which is always such a huge bonus!
- If chic, minimalist packaging is more your thing, you might not be fond of the overly girly/cutesy aesthetic of these
- If you're in Canada, you have to order these online, which can be a hassle (though I found the customer service to be quite good!)
I can't urge you enough to give Lime Crime a try! Even if cutesy packaging isn't your thing, I'd suggest you suspend your skepticism, especially if you love a bold, saturated lip. The Unicorn Lipstick range offers 19 amazing shades, from nude, to turquoise, to black, and back again. I'm so tempted by some of the wilder shades like Chinchilla and Mint to Be, but even this vibrant beauty fiend is a bit timid. If I work up the courage to give them a go, you'll be the first to know! :)
Does the Lime Crime aesthetic appeal to you? Would you wear either of the shades I featured here? Have any of you taken the plunge and tried out some wild, crazy shades of lipstick?
Thanks for stopping by! xo