Tom Ford Lip Colours come in a quilted, shiny brown box with golden lettering and the brand's logo:
The tube itself is shiny and rectangular with gold accents. It looks black under artificial lighting, but in sunlight you can see a brownish, slightly tortoiseshell effect. It is wonderfully weighty, which makes it feel very luxurious when in hand.
The top of the tube is golden metallic with an embossed "TF":
And the bottom features the shade name and net weight:
The packaging is to-die-for, but luckily the lipstick itself is equally as elegant. A nice touch is the "TF" logo imprinted into the lipstick bullet, which is quite deeply imprinted, so it will survive many uses. So great that it doesn't disappear instantly!
Tom Ford offers a beautiful range of stunning, iconic shades, but it was True Coral that won my heart. True Coral is a warm orange red with noticeable pinky undertones. It really is a perfect coral! The orange in the shade makes it incredibly vibrant and the pink keeps it from being too stark. It's a definite stunner!
The formula itself is rich and pigmented, with an instant colour payoff. It is ultra moisturizing on the lips, leaving a dewy glow without being too slick or glossy. It has a lovely, sophisticated vanilla scent that just adds to the pleasure of applying it. Makes me want to apply it every 5 minutes, but that wouldn't be very economical (or necessary- the wear time is great!).
Here's a swatch of it on my arm (on the left) against my NC15 skin tone:
|(L-R): Tom Ford Lip Colour in True Coral and Tom Ford Cheek Colour in Flush|
And a shot of it on my lips:
And a couple shots of me wearing it (sorry for the repeats- these are the same as from my Look of the Day!):
And the pros and cons!
- Incredibly pigmented- one swipe gives excellent coverage
- An instantly smooth, easy application- feels incredibly comfortable on the lips
- Strikes the perfect balance between a matte and glossy finish- leaves an elegant, dewy glow
- Very moisturizing without being too slick or shiny
- True Coral is a stunning coral shade to that will suit most neutral and warm skin tones, from light to dark
- Extremely long-wearing without drying out lips, fades gracefully
- Beautiful, weighty, luxurious packaging
- Again, the price. I've never paid over $40 for a lip product, so at $55, this is the most costly in my collection by far
- True Coral might be unflattering for very cool-toned skin (but I'd still give it a go!)
Well, as you can see, this lipstick has me raving! I'm not at all surprised that Tom Ford makes such beautiful lip products, but I'm thrilled to finally have one in my collection! The formula is right up there with other top-notch lipsticks from brands like Guerlain and Chantecaille and True Coral really is a perfect shade! I have a dangerous feeling that I'll be needing more TF Lip Colours, but because of the price, I'll pace myself for now ;)
Have you tried any Tom Ford Lip Colours? Is True Coral up your alley?
Thanks for reading! :)