FREE Super Fruits Eye Balm with $130 or more purchase

Tuesday 5 January 2016

2015 Favourites: The Cheek Colours

Hi, everyone! Hope the first work week of 2016 has not been treating you too harshly and that those of you in Toronto are keeping cozy during this sudden Winter chill! Yesterday I began my 2015 Favourites series with my most-loved Complexion Perfectors of last year and today I continue with The Cheek Colours! Y'all know I'm obsessed with a good blush and 2015 brought some beautiful ones my way! When it comes to blush, my favourites are those that are soft and blendable and can be worn sheerly but also be built up for more drama. I'm also a sucker for shades that look intimidating in the pan but way wearable on the cheeks. I just want to scream- "red blush: yes you can!"

Again, to qualify for this series, products had to either be new releases for 2015 and/or purchased and used by me for the first time in 2015. Here are my picks! 


Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffle in Papaya/Topaz
I am so in love with this formula- its unique mousse texture blends like a dream and the sets to a powdery finish that still somehow maintains an amazing glow. Plus it wears all day! Papaya/Topaz really is summer in a pot- it's a gorgeous golden tangerine orange. You can see me wearing it, here!

Clinique Cheek Pop in Cola Pop
Huge claim here- this is my favourite blush of the year! In addition to having the same amazing Cheek Pop formula (pigmented, yet buildable colour with a flattering sheen and all-day wear), I absolutely love that it looks so terrifying in the pan yet so wearable on the skin. It is a beautiful warm brown-red-berry that is totally unique. You can see me wearing it here and here

H&M Beauty Pure Radiance Powder Blusher in Imperial Red
I had heard great things about H&M Beauty, but this blush exceeded even my highest expectations. It is a striking coral red with a subtle golden sheen that can be worn quite sheerly or built up for intense drama. I wore it tons over the holidays! You can see me wearing it here and here

Too Faced Love Flush in I Will Always Love You
First off, this new line of blushes probably wins for cutest packaging of the year. There are little love bunnies pressed into the blush for goodness sake! Design aside, I'm also smitten with the shade. I'm a sucker for a shimmery golden peach and this is one the the prettiest I've tried for a while. The shade is soft, yet buildable and oh so versatile. You can see me wearing it here

Milani Baked Powder Blush in Luminoso
After hearing so much hype about this blush, I'm so glad I finally snagged it in a makeup swap. Milani rarely lets me down and this is no exception! The blush is super pigmented, yet blendable, and is an incredibly flattering shimmery pink-tinged peachy orange. So perfect for summer! You can see me wearing it here and here.

ColourPop Super Shock Cheek in Jelly Fish
How interesting (though maybe not surprising) that three of my fave blushes from last year (Cola Pop, Imperial Red, and this) are some form of bright red! Jelly Fish is a beautiful, tropical coral orange red with an ultra flattering luminous finish. Like most of my favourite bold blushes, it can be worn very sheer but also built up to extreme intensity. Again, summer in a pot! You can see me wearing it here and here


Although they didn't qualify for my 2015 Faves list (as I bought them in 2014), I also wanted to give shout-outs to some other most-used blushes of last year, namely MAC Satin Blush in Modern Mandarin (the most beautiful melon orange!), Clinique Ginger Pop (an eternal fave), and all of my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushes, which are truly tops in every way.

Stay tuned for more 2015 Favourites coming later this week!

What were your favourite cheek colours of 2015?

Have a fantastic day! 

20 comments:

  1. It seems you love coral and peachy colors too! :) I'm right with you on the Too Faced blushes! They're so soft and give the most beautiful finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are lovely! And yeah, I'm all about peachy coral blushes :)

      Delete
  2. How great is Luminoso? I do love that blush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is fantastic! Thanks for stopping by, Leah! xo

      Delete
  3. Got the Too Faced Blush late last year and it's quickly become a favourite! Amazing pigmentation and a really pretty finish :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good- glad you're loving it too! It's a beaut :)

      Delete
  4. Ah stunning picks! The Clinique Cheek Pops are some of my absolute faves! I'm desperate to try out the H&M and Milani blushes. I'll definitely be hauling hard when I'm in the US!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of those are definitely worth checking out when you're in the U.S. next- and so affordable! :)

      Delete
  5. lovely doll!
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear, I will take your word for it on every single blush, because your cheeks are ALWAYS on point. So clearly I need all of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so much, Trysh! And yes, you do need them all ;)

      Delete
  7. Wooooah! Those blushes are SO pigmented! Oh my gosh! I'm not really a blush girl but I'd love to try some of these out. Too Faced I Will Always Love You is GORGEOUS

    xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're not a huge blush person, Too Faced I Will Always Love You is a great place to start- it's so soft and pretty :)

      Delete
  8. Love the colors. I need to find new blush replacements for my makeup drawer. I've been dedicated towards hitting pan on my blushes and I'm reaching that goal! Yay! (FINALLY)

    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay, that's great! What better reason to pick up a few new blushes? ;)

      Delete
  9. I love Milani Luminoso, it seems to suit so many different people :) I'm a big fan of Clinique's cheek pops so I hope Cola Pop comes out in this country as it looks gorgeous! I actually just got my first ever blushes from both Colour Pop and Too Faced this week too! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Luminoso is so universally flattering!! I hope you can track down Cola Pop- it really is unique and wonderful :)

      Delete
  10. I'm very partial to NARS Sex Appeal and the Max Factor blushes, great choices and a very happy new year to you Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Clinique Cheek Pop is one of my favourite formula's and I haven't been disappointed by any colours in the range! I've only heard great things about the H&M beauty line so I'm excited to learn more about it <3

    Stephanie | theFantasia.com

    ReplyDelete

All of your lovely comments make my day! Thanks for taking the time to share your musings, ideas, and opinions. Feel free to leave a link to your blog- I'd be happy to check it out :)